Chapter Twenty-Four

Gerard P.O.V

He thought that I had gone, but he was wrong. I stood outside in the shadows, watching and waiting until his bedroom light went off. I wasn't okay with the fact that my demons had spoken to his sister, she was too little to understand. But it would be the only way of me contacting him- unless he decided to accept me. The fact that he had seen my demons was a sign, an omen- it told me that he was the one.

Every person that would rule Hell would have to have a companion; my mother being my father's companion. She was a human, and died giving birth to me. The Antichrist. A demon born from a human, my poor mother knew exactly what I would do to her; burn her from the inside out. The mere thought of that made me shiver with guilt, it wasn't her fault. Luckily for Frank he wouldn't have to give birth- it's not a male characteristic. Meaning I would rule for all eternity- unless I got bored and messed around on earth.

The demons would persuade him to come with me, no matter how hard he would try to resist. They were a little less enticing than me, but almost as equally powerful. Turning on my heel, I began the long walk back to my home. Maybe Lilith would be there waiting for me, I needed to let off steam. I was angry, boy was I angry, but it was something that wasn't avoidable. I kicked a rock into the road as my body began to overheat. I needed to sleep, never mind talk to Lilith. Sure, she knew how to take away my stress, but the whining and the begging that came with her put me off it.

It took me longer than I thought to get home. The sky was burnt orange from the sunrise, there were no lights on in my windows. At least I can be alone, I thought to myself with a smile. I shoved the door open, kicking off my shoes. I tossed my clothes into the darkness, walking into the kitchen. My stomach had been rumbling for the entire journey home, and I hoped that somebody had left me meat. I needed it. I craved it. I threw the refrigerator doors open ravenously, eyes lighting up with dollar signs as a plate of raw, bloody meat entered my vision.

The metallic smell filled my head as I shovelled it into my mouth. It was gone within minutes, I whimpered as I dropped the plate into the sink. I sighed, turning to go out of the door. I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the cabinet door, completely confused as to what I saw. My eyes were black, my hair pure white. I raised an eyebrow. I really was changing, it would only be a matter of time before everything fell into place. My father would be dead, Lilith would be fed to the hounds, Frank and I will reign supreme.
That little thought made me smile, I could watch him squirm underneath me until I myself got overthrown. I wouldn't be having any children, none at all. I'd lose Frank if I did.

Jogging to the bathroom, I began to feel lethargic. I began to get slow. Tired. I felt like I was about to throw up the meat that I had just eaten. I grabbed hold of the banister to keep myself from falling down the stairs, dragging myself upstairs. I crawled to the bathroom, the cold marble floor a comforting place. I looked in the mirror, the changes were definite. My hair seemed to have been bleached a pure white, my eyes a dark, unforgiving black. I cocked my head to the side, the motion blurred, my skeleton showing. I brought my hands to my face, trying to stop what I was seeing. Considering the place that I was from, I was slightly traumatised by what I was seeing.

My back felt like it was breaking as a pair of jet-black wings protruded from my back. I screamed, tears welling in my eyes. My body snapping and twisting without my control. I tried not to throw up, even though the pain threatened to throw me over the edge. I put my head against the ground, hoping that it would soothe the burning pain in my forehead. My breathing was heavy, my heart beating so fast that I thought that it was about to burst through my ribcage and throw itself out of the window.

In those short few moments, I debated on whether or not to take the ring off my finger. It would instantly take the pain away, give me my hair colour back, and probably restore my relationship with my father. I could blame Lilith for stealing it, then it wouldn't be my job to get rid of her. She'd be devastated, and I would hear her calling from the pit- but that wasn't my problem, nor did I care. I managed to smile at the thought of her burning, where she belonged, before slipping into a comfortable state of unconsciousness.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Story- Helter Skelter by The Beatles

A.N
Shorter chapter than usual, and it's only because Frank's side of the story is kinda more important at this stage ;)

Also! Go and read my other Frerard fic called Love Vigilantes, I swear it's good and I also swear that I'll update a lot more (I'm finding that I'm getting more time even though I'm revising)

Don't forget to comment and vote, it helps me out :3