Rescue

"Why do we have to go to this thing?" Holtzmann whined to Abby, Patty, and Erin as they drove the Ecto-mobile through the streets of New York City. 

"Because, we were invited by the mayor and it could help us look good if we showed up." Abby smirked, proud of what they had become.

"And why didn't we bring Kevin?" Erin asked from the passenger seat.

"Please! He'd make a fool of us all." The bitter blonde responded with a bit more hostility than intended from the seat directly behind her.

"He would not!" Gilbert protested. causing a small snicker to come from Holtzmann's throat.

"Yeah. Okay."

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"Guys." Abby looked back and forth between the two with fear. Patty, in the driver's seat, swallowed nervously and she turned to see the confusion on Erin's face beside her.

"Nothin.' Nothin.' Nevermind." Jillian waved it off and she continued to look out the window as they drove by all the people of New York. 

"I mean, I know he has his problems, but he wouldn't make fools of us, Holtzy. I think that's over-dramatizing it just a bit." The brunette looked down at herself and wondered why she had chosen this dress to wear and why these uncomfortable shoes.

"I'm not over-dramatizing anything." The peculiar woman fought back.

"Oh, please. You over-dramatize EVERYTHING!"  The tone in Erin's voice grew to be a bit more vicious and a part of her was starting to forget what they were even talking about in the first place. 

"Is there something wrong with that?" Jill asked with resentment.

"Ladies, can we please?" Yates tried controlling the situation between her two best friends, but felt as though she were failing.

"Uh, we're here." Patty awkwardly interrupted.

"Good." Jillian stepped out of the car as fast as possible, followed by Erin who, upon seeing Holtzmann for the first time tonight, stopped feeling angry immediately. She couldn't help but look at the woman from head to toe, shocked at her appearance. It wasn't until now, Gilbert realized she hadn't a clue where they were even going. But it was clearly something very fancy, she could tell by Jillian's attire. 

Erin was mostly shocked to see her friend's unexpectedly long hair and the way it flowed down passed her shoulders. The long, classical, royal blue dress fell almost passed the shorter woman's feet, but her heels made it possible to walk. Gilbert looked down at herself once more, now understanding why she had dressed so formally and she looked to her right, seeing Abby and Patty get out of the car in nice gowns as well. She cleared her throat before looking back to Holtzmann feeling butterflies forming in her gut. Her mouth was agape and before she could say anything, she noticed Jillian was still upset when she slammed the car door shut.

SLAM!

Erin's eyes snapped open and she shot up in her bed. "Erin! Erin, get up! You gotta go get Holtzy!" A familiar voice was heard after Gilbert's bedroom door swung open.

"What?" The barely awake brunette rubbed her eyes and as she blinked them back into focus, she saw Abby sitting beside her on her own bed. "What's going on?" She yawned, suddenly remembering her strange dream. 

"I can't explain right now! All I can say is Kevin's in trouble and you need to go get Holtzy while I get Patty! Come on!" Gilbert's longtime best friend shook her to wake her up some more and letting out a second yawn, she grabbed Abby's arms.

"Okay, okay. Stop. I'm up!" She put both hands on her cheeks before Yates stood and she followed. She quickly threw on the outfit she had ready for the next day, considering it was right on the end of her bed anyway, and Abby practically dragged her out the door. "Wait a minute!" She whispered to Abby as they ran down her apartment hallway. "How did you get into my apartment?"