Epilogue

*About two years later*

The Ghostbusters business had very slightly increased their amount of employees and to celebrate, Kevin, Patty, Abby, Erin, and Holtz had all gone to the place Erin and Holtzy spent their first date. After a night of some intense lazer tag and a game of paintball, they all headed out to get something to eat. Before they could make it to the restaurant, however, their ghost pagers went off. 

Their call was from a small club in downtown Brooklyn, where it was jazz night and halfway through open mic performances, an entity had attacked the singer and bassist (they all couldn't help but feel nostalgic for the first ghost they ever caught was during a concert). They met the three new busters there and got their equipment out of the Ecto-mobile. 

After entering the building, they looked around at the tables and chairs that had been strewn about the dining area. It was eerily quiet and warm. The dark red and blue lights that lit up the stage to create a sort of romantic mood caused Erin to smile at the woman walking a few steps ahead of her. Holtzy could feel the look she was getting and she sent the brunette a wink. Gilbert, with her proton canon in both hands, made a kissing face to the blonde and blew her an air smooch before turning her attention back to the bust. 

"Oh whoa." Abby said quietly as all eight of them stopped walking, continuing to look around. "Did you feel that?" She whispered, pointing out the sudden change of temperature as it had dropped about seven degrees. Everyone, besides Beckman, nodded.

"Feel what?" Kevin asked from near one of the bathrooms. He looked around at his colleagues, excited to finally be out on his fifth real bust. He ignored the fact that they only let him come along this time (without him begging) because he was already with them tonight. He sent Patty a weird grin before speaking. "Is it just me or did it suddenly get really cold in here?" 

Without answering Patricia shook her head and resumed walking toward the little stage in front of the club. "What class do we think this apparition is?" 22 year old Letty, a five foot, four inch tall redheaded student who was still attending Yale for her masters in ancient history wondered. 

"Well," Erin began, "...by the change of temperature in the air and the shockingly silent atmosphere, I'd put it at a-"

Just before she could finish, Abby and Holtzy spoke together. "T2 or T3."

"I'd say T2, because if it were a T3 our ears would be-" Yates was trying to continue, but the whole room felt their ears ringing and they all winced in pain. "Yupp. T3." She slightly shouted over the buzzing. 

"Oh, no." Nathan, a recent graduate of Harvard, was the newest of the recruitments and he wasn't quite sure he was ready for his first bust yet.

"You'll be fine, man." Jason, a former paranormal photographer gave the twenty eight year old a pat on the back before finishing the set up of his camera on the left side of the bar. 

"Shhh..." Holtzmann put a finger up, telling the group to be quiet. "Do you hear thaaaaat?" She asked dramatically.

They all listened up and heard the sound of a soft saxophone playing. "Holtz." Erin began, but she was shushed again. "Holtz!" She demanded the engineer listen to her, but she wouldn't.

It was quiet again as they listened to the song a bit longer. Jillian slowly turned around, looking to the new employees and her eyes widened. She mentally chuckled to herself when she noticed the 35 year old Jason, swallowing hard and gripping the button to his camera even tighter. "BOO!" She yelled and all three of them jumped as she clapped for herself and laughed. "I'm just playing. It's Erin's phone ringing." 

Dr. Gilbert gave her a playful slap on the arm and she quickly took her phone out of her pocket to answer it. "Hello?"

The new conductors of the metaphysical examination all let out sighs of relief and cleared their throats, embarrassed that they were fooled by the inventor.