Till Death

Seconds after the women were knocked to the ground, every ghost left the apartment building in all different directions. Some went through the floor, some went through the roof, some went left, some right, a few went through the wall out to the hallway. Others went through walls to the next door neighbors' apartments. And plenty went out the windows out into the city, to wreak havoc on New York. Patty helped Abby stand up as Erin helped Holtzy up. "What the hell was that?" Tolan asked. 

"Riley!" Abby yelled, looking around the apartment. "Don't do this! Please, there are so many innocent people. Don't punish them for what others have done!" 

"They need to pay for what they did to us, Abby." All of the living females of the room turned to see the apparition floating inches behind Abigail. 

It was silent. There was nothing but staring and breathing. Abby's right hand slowly reached up, needing to touch him. But it went through the ghost and his eyes closed. Yates sighed and disappointedly brought her hand down. "Revenge won't solve anything. It won't bring you back."

When Riley responded, he sounded as if he were letting out a sob. "I know." He let his head fall in sadness. "But I just miss you so much."

Even though she knew she couldn't touch him, her hand reached up anyways, motioning to lift his chin. And it worked. He looked into her forest green eyes and she stared back into ghostly ones. "I know you do. But you have to move on. It's almost been two years. My life has changed and I've had to move on without you. You need to as well."

"Well, it may have been two years for you, but for me it was just yesterday. Time is different in the spirit realm. It moves slower and I can't move on knowing those bastards got away with it...got away with separating us."

"You're gonna have to." A tear fell down Abby's cheek just before Riley snapped again, floating away from her.

"NO!" With that...he was gone. 

It was silent besides the short whimper of agony that escaped Abby's lips and the screams they began to hear from around the building and out on the streets. Yates didn't move from her spot as she let two more tears fall before anxiously wiping them away. 

"I don't understand." Erin spoke. "What just happened?"

"That was Riley." Holtz nodded her head up and spoke as if introducing Erin and Patty to her deceased friend. "He was Abby's-"

"My fiance." Abigail whispered, finally finding the ability to move again, turning to face the other three.

"Your what?!" Gilbert's eyes widened and she moved her gaze back and forth from Holtzy to Abby in shock. 

"Whoa." Patty didn't know what to say.

"How come I never knew about this?" Erin felt extremely left out and betrayed not knowing her best friend was ever even engaged. She looked to Jillian when Abby didn't answer, hoping her girlfriend would at least let her know. 

Before anyone could speak, however, they heard more screams and crashing coming from everywhere around them. "I'm sorry, guys. But we don't have time right now." Patricia stated, still holding her proton cannon pretty tightly. "We've got a city to save at the moment. And THEN we can catch up."

"She's right." Yates agreed and she sniffled. "Let's go!" She headed for the door, followed by Patty.

Holtz tried to run out, but Erin grabbed her arm and stopped her. She was going to say something, but she changed her mind, sending her a sad look before sliding her hand down the blonde's arm to gently squeeze her hand. And they left.

After busting approximately eleven of the ghosts in the building, Patty stood up from her dive roll, right beside Abigail. "Okay, I know this must be hard for you and I gotta say, I'm sorry for your loss and e'rthing. But your man is crazy." She turned her head and shot at another apparition.