Chapter Twenty-Nine

Obi-Wan slammed his fist down onto the console, the ship's systems fried by the imperial defense ships. Luckily for their sake, the troops has stopped firing so not to destroy the ship: the only let up due to the important cargo Yoda just had to steal. "Damn it, we're dead now!" He groaned, turning around to face his master as well as the senator. "You just had to take the twins, didn't you?" Yoda sighed, looking towards the small cabin where they were still whimpering. "Dangerous, they are. It had to be done, Master Kenobi. Let the Sith raise them, we could not afford." Bail shifted anxiously in his seat, eyeing the Jedi warily. "Master Yoda, we are ill-equipped to care for two newborns even for a short time. We have to return them before-"

The small shuttle pod they stole shook violently, the lights suddenly flickering: the newborns seemed to notice, both of them starting to wail again. Suddenly, there was a suction sound coming from the loading door followed by a metal scrapping noise. "We're being board, lock the twins in the cabin." Obi-Wan commanded, their political counterpart immediately hitting the seal on the door. Just as the Alderaanian returned to them, the door to their shuttle pod was lowered as Vader took powerful steps inside, his eyes glowing Sith yellow. "Master Yoda, Senator Organa... Obi-Wan." He grinned maliciously, lightsaber flying into his hand. "I believe you have something that doesn't belong to you... Two someones actually."

As if sensing him, both twins began yelling louder. Reaching out to the force, he used it to freeze the Jedi in their places. "Wha..." Bail couldn't get the word out as his airways closed up, his eyes frozen on the frozen Jedi before him. "Bail, Bail, Bail... You hit on my wife, conspired against my late master... That's two strikes alone right there. Did you stop? No, you had to touch my children." Vader stepped up in front of the senator, his gaze beyond deadly. "You had to kidnap my newborn twins while my daughter and her mother slept not five feet away. What would your wife say if she heard that you stole the Emperor's children for no fucking reason?" By the time he finished talking, the Alderaanian's face was blue and purple, his feet dangling above the ground as he grabbed at the invisible hand around his neck.

"It doesn't matter, you won't be seeing her again."

Anakin tightened his grip on the senator's neck, snapping it clean in half. He dropped Bail Organa's dead body and turned his attention to the still-paralyzed Jedi. "It would be so easy to kill you both right now..." He walked up to Obi-Wan and dusted some fake dust from his former master's shoulders, "As much as I'd love to drive my red blade through your heads, it wouldn't be a satisfying kill for me unless you fought back. Plus, I've got the wife and my oldest waiting for the twins and I to get back so we can head to our new palace..." He turned to Yoda, patting the creature's head before turning his back to them. "I'll let you walk away today for helping me in the past when I've needed it as well as the fact I've already killed one of yours today." He went to the cabin door, slicing through the control pad like it was nothing. He smiled, seeing them wriggling around on the cot. "Hello little ones, time to go home." Anakin gently picked them both up and held them each int the crooks of his arms. Just as he was about to head back into the cruiser with the much calmer babies, he turned around one final time. "If you ever try to take any of my children again or even my wife, you'll wish I'd killed you here today." With that, the door to their shuttle was snapped closed and set adrift.

Obi-Wan and Yoda only began to move on their own accord once Vader and his children were flying away from them. While the auburn-haired man quickly got the ship moving away again, Yoda forlornly tended to Organa.

Queen Bretha was going to be heartbroken when they finally reached Alderaan.

~

Anakin made himself comfortable in the main compartment of his shuttle. Spinner was flying them back to Polis Massa while Jax radioed ahead to tell Rex to get the rest of the Imperial family onboard the main cruiser. The Emperor himself was cradling the rescued twins, both peacefully asleep in his arms. He took a moment to really look at them, seeing as this was really the first time he'd gotten to really hold them. In the crook of his left arm, Leia Shmi Skywalker cuddled instinctively towards his warm chest. She had a head full of dark curls and hazel eyes that made his heart just melt. She looked like the perfect mix of both Padme and himself: her mother's olive skin and curly brown hair, his jawline and cheekbones. She even had his mother's eyes, something that made him think naming her 'Leia Shmi' all the more appropriate. He turned his eyes from his baby girl to his son, Luke Skywalker snoozing peaceful with his small mouth hung open. Anakin partially wanted to laugh at the sight but decided it was best to keep silent, seeing as they both seemed exhausted. While he had his father's coloring, Luke had much softer features that resembled his mother's. Plump cheeks, small nose, a full set of lips; he definitely took after his mother.

"Boss, we're making our final approach to the hospital." Jax informed Anakin from the intercom. Soon, they would all be together again and no one would ever be able to separate them again. (Well, not without forfeiting their life as a compensation.)