Chapter Fourteen

"Melanie..."

"Princess..."

Melanie's eyes fluttered open, "Daddy?"

Anakin smiled down at his daughter, "It's me, baby. Daddy needs to do something for him, think you can handle it?" Upon her nodding, he pulled her into his arms and continued. "I need you and Mommy to come to Mustafar; tell your mother that Daddy told you to through the force in your dreams..."

Suddenly, the light around them began to fade causing Melanie to panic. "This is a dream?"

Anakin nodded, "You're waking up now, Princess. You'll tell Mommy what I said?"

Melanie started to get teary eyed, "Daddy, don't go..."

Anakin kissed her forehead, "Remember to tell Mommy that Daddy needs you and her to come to Mustafar." Anakin held her cheek with one hand while cradling her, "Don't cry, my sweet little angel; soon, we'll be together again and never have to part again..."

Melanie curled into his chest, "I love you Daddy..."

Anakin smiled down at her before everything faded to black.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Melanie woke up with a start and a slight gasp. She looked over to see her mother fast asleep to her right as they laid in the master bedroom. Mel shifted around to sit on her knees in front of Padme, who was peacefully sleeping with a light smile across her lips.

"Mommy...Momma, wake up," Tiny hands rubbed Padme's forearm, drawing her out of her pleasant nap.

"What is it, Baby? Are you okay?"

"It's Daddy, Mommy," Melanie smiled at her sleepy eyed mother. Padme let out a light a light yawn as she pushed herself up to rest back on her elbows.

"What about him?"

"He talked to me through the force while I was napping, he said we need to go to Mustafar!"

Padme was caught off guard, "Are you sure, Princess? Are you sure Daddy told you to do this?" Melanie nodded which led Padme to sigh deeply. "Are you sure that you can handle it? You didn't like the fact Daddy went there in the first place; you panicked and started crying about he and I were gonna break up-"

"Mommy! Less talking, more moving; we gotta go!" Melanie was scooped up in her mother's embrace and soon tickled until she could hardly breathe.

"I give the orders around here," Padme smirked. "And I say we are leaving for Mustafar within the next two standard hours!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Milady, are you sure that you should go alone?" Senator Organa followed closely behind the Amidala's, worry lines showing very prominently on his forehead.

"Mommy and I got this, Uncle Bail," Melanie smiled up at the man as the trio neared the ramp of Padme's Nabocian cruiser. "Well see you soon, Bail," Padme grasped her daughter's hand tightly within her own. "Come along Mel, your grandparents will be waiting for us at Varykino..."

Playing along, Melanie giggled and skipped up the ramp with her mother. "I can't wait to see Papa and Auntie Sola again!" Within a few moments, the pair stood at the top of the ramp as it closed shut.

"Good Job, Sweetheart," Padme kissed the top of her daughter's forehead as she picked up the three year old. "Let's go get strapped into the cockpit, yeah?"

Just as they were about to leave the cargo hold of Padme's ship when Melanie felt something was wrong, "Wait Momma!"

"What is it, Baby?"

Just as Padme finished her question the ramp opened to reveal an uninvited guest...

Padme's mocha brown eyes narrowed in sync with Melanie's double-colored eyes, both of them speaking in unison or rather, hissing.

"Obi-Wan..."