Chapter Twenty-One

A short while later, Melanie is snuggled up next to Padme while the twins are in their cribs; all three of the Skywalker children sleeping peacefully. Anakin however had left the hospital and went out to the cruiser in the hospital's hangar bay where Rex, Spinner and Jax awaited him. As they saw him approach, the three men stood up and saluted him.

"At ease, boys," Anakin went into Vader in the blink of an eye. "I need a favor from you, Spin. Tell me, do you know any of the imperial palaces?"

The pilot took off his helmet to reveal four black cornrows across the top of his head. "Yes sir; I believe that one of them is located within the snowy mountains of the Hoth system," He thought out loud while Vader paced in front of them.

"Too cold," The Sith Lord voiced his opinion aloud. "I hate the cold, plus they'll freeze to death..."

"Another one is located within the thick forests of Kashyyyk," Spinner continued on. "I believe that's the most recently finished one."

"That might work," Vader raised an eyebrow. "Do you know of any others?"

"There is one more that I know of but it's about six moons from being finished."

Vader stopped pacing and turned his face to look at the pilot. "Where is the final one?" Spinner noticed how Vader's expression was extremely soft, almost as if the fierce warrior was none existent and the only one who stood before the soldiers was a man.

"Naboo," Spinner shook his head, snapping back into military mode.

Vader smiled softly, "Perfect; send the workers notice that in six moons, I will be arriving with my family for permanent residence." Spinner saluted him before heading inside the ship, leaving the other two soldiers behind.

"Jax, I'll need you to go ahead and drop the Wookies a line about our arrival," Vader nodded and the clone turned around, two red braids hanging down his back. "We will be arriving in the next few rotations."

"It will be done, Milord," He called over his shoulder.

With that, Rex and Vader were left alone; they immediately turned and began walking back towards the hospital's main lift. As if someone had snapped their fingers, Anakin was himself again and all the more relaxed.

"How are they?"

"Asleep. I left Melanie tucked in next to Padme."

Rex simply nodded. "How are you, si-" He stopped himself, inwardly smiling as he recalled their deal. "How are you feeling, Anakin? You look exhausted."

Anakin ran a hand over his face, running his hands through his scalp roughly. "I probably should've slid in with them but I have too many things to do before Padme and the twins are released tomorrow."

Rex gave him a pat on the back, "What do you have left to do? You told me earlier that brothers help each other out whenever possible. Let me help you, Anakin; you need to get some rest before you crash."

Anakin sighed, leaning in to give Rex a side hug. "Alright," He shook the soldier's shoulders. "I need you to make sure the Kashyyyk trip goes off without a hitch, check with Nevaeh to make sure Padme is stable enough to wake up tomorrow and that the twins are well enough for space travel by tomorrow after lunch. Think you can handle it?"

Just as Rex was about to reply, Jax's voice came from Rex's comlink. "Jax to Captain Rex, please come in sir."

"Go for Rex," He held the talk button down.

"Please inform Lord Vader that the Wookies are prepping for his arrival. They said they would have the palace ready by tomorrow morning. Also, Spinner said the Nabocian palace workers are pleased to hear of his impending arrival. Things are all arranged on this end; Jax out."

Rex smiled at Anakin, "See? I just gotta deal with the doctor. I've got it covered so go get some shut eye, okay?"

Anakin man hugged his soldier brother, "Thank you so much, Rex. I'll make it up to you sometime soon, I promise." Just as they pulled apart, the elevator doors opened in front of them.

Anakin slipped his hood over his head and let Vader's voice flow out of his mouth. "See to it that it's taken care of." With that, Rex saluted him as he walked away.

"Yes sir," He secretly smiled under his helmet as the elevator doors closed once again.