Chapter Seven

The Chaos of Redemption

Chapter Seven

A good ten minutes later, Padme and Melanie reentered the living room where Anakin was waiting. Mel glided across the tiled floor - or at least appeared to - in her plum floor length gown. The dark purple fabric fell to the tops of her little feet like a dark waterfall. Her ash blonde curls had been tamed up into an elegant bun which sat at the crown of her head with a small braid around the base.

"Well Princess," Anakin smiled down at her. "You look like nothing less than royalty."

Melanie giggled, hugging his legs before running off to get her sweater. Padme shook her head, her curls swishing beside her enlarged stomach. "You are such a kiss up to her.." Anakin stepped closer to her, resting his large hands on her soft forearms.

Padme's fingers went to work on the black tie that hung loosely around his neck. "I still don't understand why you don't just wear your jedi robes, although you do look quite handsome in that suit..."

They shared a soft chuckle before Padme was pulled against his chest in a loving embrace. "I gotta say, these pants feel weird after wearing the robes for so long."

Anakin had a long sleeve, black dress shirt that seemed to fit him like a second skin; the black slacks that he put on seemed to fit exactly like the shirt. "Well its only for a few hours so you'll survive. I'll help you get 'changed' later when you come back," Padme winked, giving him a soft kiss before stepping back.

She helped him slip his blazer on as he called Melanie. "Princess, we gotta go or we'll be late!"

Anakin proceeded out to his ship as Padme followed after their daughter. "What do you call daddy in public?"

"Master Skywalker."

"Good. Why are you with him?"

"Mommy had to work so I couldn't go with her and C-3PO is in the shop."

"Perfect. Ya know for a three year old, you're a pretty good liar." Padme stopped herself and raised an eyebrow as she helped Anakin lift Melanie into his lap.

"You better not lie to Mommy and Daddy like you lie to everyone else so we can still be a family."

"Angel, we're gonna be late; she's gonna fine and she knows the rules!" Anakin flipped the engine ignition and soon, the ship purred to life. "We'll be back in a little bit, love you Padme!"

Before she could respond back, the cockpit's glass top closed over the father-daughter duo who were ecstatic to finally get to have some fun.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

During intermission, Anakin and Palpatine were chatting about the play when Melanie tugged on Anakin's sleeve.

"Master Skywalker, can I use the fresher?"

Before Anakin could respond, Palpatine chimed in. "Anakin stay her with me; I'll have one of my advisers will take Miss Amidala to the 'fresher." Anakin raised an eyebrow before turning back to Melanie.

"I'll be right here, Mel; go ahead."

She nodded before following the Chancellor's white advisor out of the box seat.

"She seems very comfortable around you, Anakin."