Chapter Twenty-Two

Nurse droids floated around the aid station as Nevaeh looked through the Vader's files, trying to get their release forms filled out. Rex stood on the other side, patiently waiting for the doctor to find the files.

"Oh no," Nevaeh whispered to himself. "Please tell me you blasted droids didn't do what I think you did!"

"What seems to be the problem, Nevaeh?"

The old man looked up, pure shock freezing his face. "The droid made a grave mistake following the birthing process..."

"What kind of mistake?"

"You won't believe this..."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Anakin and Padme were once again in their meadow, both wearing the same attire they adorned at their first picnic together. This time, Anakin looked like his striking self as his hair was wild and curly. Padme's curls flowed in the wind, the textured brown curtain reaching the small of her back.

Anakin pulled her into his lap, her waist pressed firmly against his chest

"Ani!" Padme cried, laughing as he picked her up and spun around. "Put me down before we both fall over!" Complied to her soft command, kissing the back of her left hand right over her golden wedding ring.

"As my Angel commands me," He smirked at her while kissing her hand again, this time kissing all the way up her arm.

"Anakin," Padme smiled, his lips pecking up her lower arm.

She laughed as they softly passed over the inside of her elbow.

"Ani," She grinned, trying so hard not to laugh as he reached her shoulder.

"Yes?" He murmured, kissing the crook of her neck...

"Daddy!"

He spun around to see Melanie running through the tall grass towards them. She wore the same style dress as Padme but her dress was the same plum color as the dress she wore to the Opera. Her wild curls were down as usual and her twinkling eyes were as bright as the star bright smile.

Anakin laughed as she tackled him into the grass, a vague sense of déjà vu rushing over him. "How's Daddy's little princess?"

Suddenly everything changed; the family was back on Mustafar. They're clothes were the same as they had in the meadow, except the girl's clothing were torn and scorched in placed. Luke and Leia appeared swaddled in Padme's arms, Melanie behind of her mother as the four stood with pure fear etched on their faces.

"Hey," Anakin took a step towards them. "What's wrong?"

They took a step back, all of them suddenly dangling in the air by their necks.

"No!" He cried, summoning the force off of them. He turned around to see Palpatine, squeezing his fist tightly towards them.

"You!" Anakin roared, igniting his red blade and impaling the old man.

This time Palpatine merely laughed, "You can't kill me, Anakin; I'm back from the dead..."

"NOOOOO!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Rex shook Anakin's shoulder, "Anakin, you're having a bad dream... Wake up..."

Anakin stirred, panting as he sat up. He ran his hands over his face, "Palpatine's back..."

"What?" Rex shot him a confused glance. "Never mind your nightmare, bro, we've got bigger problems..."

"What do you mean?"

Rex swallowed and looked him dead in the eye as he stood up straight.

"Come with me..."