Power

Darkness' Point of View

My power has grown greater. I can't help but grin when I look at the once red strands. They stare back at me, hanging in a stringy heap around her head. I'm responsible for her sunken eyes and ghostly complexion. If she wasn't my canvas, I'd demand to meet such an artist. Her face is merely an artists palette: mixtures of reds, blues, greens, and deep purples. For a captain of the Volleyball team you would expect her to be in shape. I can't help but notice her frail legs closely resemble my own.

Dana's Point of View

     Lately, my mom has found me staring at the wall locked in a trance. She normally had to repeat herself several times. I spend my days staring at the wall. When I am responsive I look right through my parents. They have to keep an eye on me to make sure I'm eating, otherwise, I'd go hungry. I can't seem to keep food down. I'm more exhausted than usual. Pain ripples through my body with each move I make and mixes with the sound of cracking bones.

     When I awoke this morning I had trouble walking the few steps from my room to the bathroom. I struggled to crawl; I grabbed hold of everything in my path and pulled myself forward. I haven't slept in days and my voice is hoarse. I wear goosebumps on my arms and the hair on the back of my neck is permanently sticking straight up. Knowing Darkness is responsible keeps me from feeling calm.

     The lady showed up today claiming she would catch Darkness. A few days later she does, and he's 'gone for good.' That's what you'd presume. I tried leaving the house today, but as I walked out the door I set on fire, then I got flung backward. Let's say I haven't tried leaving the house since. Darkness might have vanished but in spirit, he's still controlling me...

••Author's Note••
Thank you for taking the time to read The Darkness Is Coming
Remember to vote and comment.
©Lynzey