What Happened?

What Happened?

I don't know when I blacked out.

Drip Drip Drip

     The noise pounding in my eardrums as I wake covered in blood, scrapes litter my body as I look for the cause of the noise.

Drip Drip Drip

     A dried pool of blood rests where my head lay moments before. I'm surrounded by a pit of darkness. My legs struggle to support me enough to stand and my stomach burns. I force myself to move before Darkness comes back. The bathroom counter supports my weight as I stand up. Then I quietly unlock and open the door before tiptoeing into the kitchen. I tiptoe to the kitchen in search of everything I can use as a weapon. My slippery hands struggle to open the drawers.

Every drawer is empty.

Every metal and plastic spoon, fork and knife have disappeared into thin air.

     A startling sound echoing in my brain makes me wince. Little bumps start to appear on my arms and legs. Not wanting to turn around I squeeze my eyes shut.

     When I open my eyes, I conclude the sound is outside of my head. Metal is being scraped across the white tile floor. 

     As I try to settle down and figure out a plan something slimy drips onto my head. I put my palm to my head and pull it back for inspection. The sticky red substances drips in-between my fingers. Each drop coats a strand of my hair. I can't help but shriek and lift my head to the ceiling.

     My eyes make eye contact with a little boy dangling from the ceiling fan. His eyes are coated with a gray filmy substance. Blood soaks his clothes and stab wounds cover the boy's frail body. A purifying smell makes its way into my nostrils. The slimy blood continues to pour from beneath a butcher knife. A laceration lies on his neck. A groan escapes from throat.

I turn and rush to the front door. It's unlocked...

••Author's Note••
Thank you for taking the time to read The Darkness Is Coming

Remember to vote and comment.
©Lynzey