Chapter 23

I don't know how all this "pressing charges" stuff works so roll with it. And this took me so long to write because I keep rapping MGK into my phone 😂

Vic's p.o.v

Everyone was still passed out despite the fact that it was 11 o' clock. I woke up a couple of hours ago and I decided to make a breakfast for everyone. Jack and Alex are going back to tonight so I thought I would make the most of the time we had left with our friends. I finished making the blueberry waffles, eggs, and bacon right when kellin walked out. He yawned and he had major bed head.

"Oh look who finally woke up," I said and laughed a little. He sat on the bar stool and I handed him a cup of coffee and a plate of food.

"Thanks for making our lazy asses breakfast," Kellin said with a small smile on his face. God I can't wait to propose to him tonight.

"Do you want to go out tonight. Like maybe to a more secluded beach spot or something?" I asked him hoping he would say yes. He nodded because he couldn't reply with food in his mouth.

"Great," I smiled and turned off the oven. I grabbed my phone and went to the most obnoxious alarm and set it for one minute. I put it on the nightstand in Jack and Alex's room. They made up a few nights ago when I yelled at them. I left the room, grabbed my plate, and sat next to Kell.

"Have you heard anything from your dad since you ran into him at the store?" I asked him with curiosity. He replied with a quiet "no".

"Have you thought about pressing charges? I mean you have proof. Don't you?" He nodded. "Ya I actually want to but I'm scared he'll come for me if I do."

"Well I'm here if he does. I wouldn't let anything happen to you," he smiled.

"Thanks," I heard the alarm go off and Jack and Alex groan. I smiled and threw mine and kellins empty plate away. I handed kellin our home phone.

"Call the police and tell them everything that happened 3 years ago." I said and gave him a reassuring smile as he went into onto the balcony to call. Jack and Alex came in and ate and the packed.

"Vic I'm gonna miss you," Jack whined fakily as I put everything I needed for proposing in a backpack. Except I put the ring in my pocket. I chuckled and shook my head. My phone started ringing and I saw it was Mike.

"Hey what's up?" I answered him and I heard sniffling.

"V-Vic mom just died," I looked down and sat on the bed.

"Oh shit," I said as a tear fell down my cheek. I hated what she said to Kellin and me but she was my mom. Sure she was kind of a bitch but I love her. She raised me.

"Are you ok?" I asked Mike. He was always my moms favorite. He was attached to her. He sniffled again and his voice cracked mid sentence.

"Um ya I'll be fine. I- I'll be home in a couple of days," he said and hung up. I couldn't explain how I felt about this. I mean I was upset, sure but I wasn't crying. Maybe because I wasn't as close to her. Maybe because I still had built up anger towards her. I don't know. I decided to not ruin this day and I would tell Kellin about it another day. Jack and Alex cam in with clothes and shoes on so I assumed they were leaving.

"Bye Vic. We had so much fun. Thanks for letting us stay here,"

"No problem," I let them know and I hugged them both.

"We are actually thinking about moving down here. We love it way more than Baltimore. So we might see you in a few months,"

"Oh my god that's great," I said honestly. Alex nodded happily and then grabbed his stuff. Jack did the same and then they left after we said our last goodbyes.

"You read to go Kell?" I questioned after I grabbed all my stuff.

"Ya just a sec!" He yelled from the bathroom. Probably straightening his hair. He came out and put on his toms and we headed to the beach.

---

I dragged him to a spot where nobody was because not many people know about it. It was kind of like a cave but it was on a rock and kind of on a cliff. It was nice and had a great view of the beach and the waves crashing against the rocks. I laid down the big blanket and sat on it. Kellin did also.

"I love you," Kellin said and he leaned his head in the crook of my neck.

"I love you too gorgeous," I told him making him blush. He covered his face with the palm of his hands.

"I just said you are gorgeous why are you covering your face?" I laughed.

"Because my face is bright red and I'm not gorgeous. You are." He explained.

"I know I am," I chuckled and kissed his head.

"I brought you something," I told him and started digging around in the backpack and handed him a small piece of paper.

"Oh my god you got us tickets to Good Charlotte?!" He asked excitedly.

"Yep," I said and got the ring ready while he was reading over the ticket. He gave me a quick hug and put the ticket back in the pocket carefully. Alright. It's now or never. He was facing towards the ocean and I was kind of behind him so I got down on one knee and opened the black case.

"Hey Kell?"

"Ya?" He said and turned around. He put his hands to his mouth and gave a small gasp and whispered 'oh my god' repeatedly. A tear slipped down his cheek and his smile was bright from what I could see behind his hands.

"Vic," he whispered softly.

"Kellin," I sighed forgetting all the notes about what I was gonna say and tried to speak from my heart, "Ever since I met you I was automatically attached to you. Physically and emotionally. I love protecting you and making you feel better. You may think that you need me and I could live without you but I can't," I sniffled my nose, "I need you just as much as you need me. You are my world Kellin Quinn Bostwick." His hand were off his face but tears were still falling down his red, puffy eyes.

"Will you marry me?"

COMMENT VOTE SHARE THIS BOOK IS ALMOST OVER ❤️