Chapter 1

"Mija, wake up it's your first day of school," Camila heard her mother whisper while gently rocking her awake.

"Okay mommy, 5 more minutes," Camila said groggily.

"No mija, come on its your first day of senior year," Sinuhe said not as hesitantly.

"Okay fine mommy," she said rolling her eyes and taking off her sheets.

Camila was not looking forward to her senior year of high school. She was starting a new school. Her previous school did not offer as high as an education as the private school she was going to start today did.

Camila was scared to start this new school because she was fairly popular at her old school. And she wasn't that great at making new friends.

Camila got ready for school, wearing light blue jeans, with a white blouse, white converse, and of course her small white bow in her clipping her long hair out of her face.

Camila's mom drove her to school slightly early leaving Camila about 30 minutes until her first class starts. Camila looked at her schedule going past each class she had and remembering where each generally were.

------

The bell just rang and Camila went to her first class and asked the teacher where she should sit. The teacher's name was Mr. Nieto. Mr. Nieto told Camila to sit wherever she would like.

She scanned the room seeing as most of the seats were empty she decided to sit in the back of the classroom.

As more student filled the room she noticed that a short girl with light hair sat next to her. When the short girl noticed Camila looking at her she quickly looked at Camila and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Allyson! But everyone calls me Ally. You must be the new girl, Karla was it?" Ally said with a smile and bright eyes.

"Camila actually, I go by my middle name." Camila quickly replied, wearing a small grin.

"Oh great, nice to meet you Camila. You probably don't know anyone since you're new, would you want to have lunch with my friends and me?" Ally said suggestively.

"That would be great actually!" Camila answered not as shyly.

"Alright sounds like a plan! Lunch is actually right after fourth period. So I can pick you up there and walk you to lunch?" Ally said.

"Yes that would be wonderful! My fourth period is English Honors 12 in room 15 with..." Camila scanned her schedule.

"Mrs. Donavan," Ally said before Camila could, "looks like we have the same fourth period" she giggled.

"Okay, great! I guess I'll see you then!" Camila said with a large smile.

"Sounds like a plan!" Ally agreed.

The bell rang for the student to go to their next period. Ally waved bye to Camila as they went their separate ways. Now all Camila has to do is wait for fourth period to see Ally again.

Camila went into her second class for the day and there were less seats in the class this time. It seemed more exclusive than the class she was previously in. It was smaller.

She didn't see any open seats so she went to the teacher, Ms. Taylor, and the teacher said "Ah yes, you're the new senior at this school. You go by Camila though correct?"

"Yes ma'am" Camila replied respectfully.

"Okay, great you may have a seat next to... Ms. Jauregui! Ms. Jauregui will you please raise your hand,"

A girl with dark hair raised her hand and Camila saw there actually was an empty seat and she must have missed it. Camila thanked her teacher and slowly walked toward the girl with her hand raised.

Camila sat down and looked at the girl who's hand was previously raised. She noticed the girl had beautiful big green eyes. She'd never seen someone so beautiful before. Camila grew nervous for some reason and she was confused as to why.

The girl noticed Camila was looking at her and with a light grin she said "Lauren," and put her hand out.

*Camilas Pov*

Oh my god, her voice is so raspy and it's perfect. And she's so beautiful and her eyes are practically glowing and ... why am I thinking this? I don't like girls, or do I? I don't know maybe it's just the first day of school vibes, probably nothing.

*No ones Pov*

"Camila," She replied shaking Lauren's hand and grinning.

Camila fiddled with her fingers while the teacher introduced herself and explained class expectations. Ms. Taylor explained what was expected of the students for the year since it was an advanced college class, for high school students.

While Camila continued to fiddle with her hands and listen to the teacher. She saw at the corner of her eye that Lauren was staring at her.

Camila looked up from her hands and at Lauren. Lauren just smiled and then the bell rang and they went their separate ways.

Okay so this is my first fanfic. And it probably sucks but I enjoyed writing the first part so far. Thank you if you read this, it means a lot. (: