How (Not) to Make a First Impression

Friday, August 12th

8:42 AM

Bailey was running down main street, hoping that she wasn't too late for work. Her boss wasn't exactly lenient and was definitely going to be even angrier when she found the the coffee Bailey'd brought her wasn't even hot anymore. The blonde had run into some trouble when she had been in her warehouse this morning. Some noobie thieves were trying to steal what she'd collected during her heist the last month. Unfortunately for them the 'Kitty Cat Burgler' showed up and gave the teens a black eye or two. Bailey could proudly say they would not be coming back anytime soon.

However as far as cat like reflexes can get you, this girl was tired and cat napped all the way through her alarm clock, setting her back by an hour. So, as she ran past the police station she didn't take notice of the woman exiting the building... and walking directly into her path.

Cold coffee splashed all down the front of the brunette's blouse, causing Bailey to cringe, attention was something she didn't like when it came to the mundane part of her. Now this is the part where Bailey started to mew like a newborn kitten.

"I'm really, really, really sorry," the green eyed girl was continually trying to wipe away the coffee with her scarf, "I really wasn't looking where I was going and I'm really sorry and I really should have seen you and-"

"It's fine," the brunette batted her hands away, "I always have a spare in my bag anyway."

Bailey just kept babbling on, "I really didn't mean to, I wasn't looking-I could make it up to you. How does-"

"Seriously, I'm fine"

"-or-"

The brunette clapped a hand over Bailey's mouth, "how about dinner next thursday?"

She mutely nodded and the hand was slowly lifted away from her mouth, "My name's Emerson. If you stop talking and let me get to the ro- work, I'll be happy to meet you at Ecobelli's at six next thursday."

Bailey nodded again managing to fit in one more apology before introducing herself. Emerson nodded hurriedly before rushing off to wherever she was going. The blonde sighed, off to the cafe she went. Now she was going to be extra late, but at least she had a date the next week.