How (Not) To Ask For A Date

Monday, September 5th

8:17 PM

"Home! And this is my room - and you're all here! And I'm not going to leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all! And - Oh, Auntie Em - there's no place like home!"

The credits had just started rolling when Bailey turned to the brunette sitting beside her in the theater. Emerson was watching her closely.

"What?" the blonde asked, touching her cheek, "do I have something on my face?"

The other woman was quick to deny it, shaking her head, "No, you just looked really happy when you were watching the movie."

Bailey smiled shyly, ducking her head down, "My mom and I watched this a lot when I was a kid. It just brings back memories."

Emerson smiled fondly at the woman, "well then, what should we do now?"

Bailey's smile faded a bit, but was quick to replace it before the brunette noticed, "well," she began, "I actually have to do something tonight."

This 'thing' she spoke of was the planning of a heist that she was planning for 27th of that month, which although it may be quite a ways away, was something that she had to plan way in advance in order for her to be completely successful. So, sadly, she would be planning for the next 22 days from 9 o'clock postmeridian to 3 o'clock antemeridian. Which for her, meant no long dates/hangouts with Emerson for a while. But it was worth it, the thrill of the heist was something Bailey was certain that she could never give up.

Emerson tilted her head the slightest bit, the blonde figured that she was thinking, before starting to speak, "Would it be alright if I walked you home?"

Bailey beamed, "Of course!" the thief could've stopped there but she didn't, "It's not that far, so it's not like you'll get tired or anything; although if you were walking the opposite direction from Ecobelli's you may get tired from having to walk from here to my apartment and then back to your house. So really you don't have to if it's a hindrance and I really wouldn't want you to if you were going to be unhappy because you walked that fa-"

The brunette clapped a hand over her mouth, "I'm happy to."

The blonde nodded and Emerson took her palm away. The women simultaneously got up and started to walk out of the theater and towards Bailey's apartment building. The entire way there they walked side by side, the thief pretended not to notice when Emerson's hands started fidgeting. They walked in a silence most of the way there, it was only when they stopped in front of the door that the blonde spoke.

"Thank you for walking me home," Bailey said, "I had fun tonight."

Emerson nodded, "it was my pleasure."

The green eyed girl began to enter the apartment when and hand caught her wrist. Bailey turned back around.

"I-I was wondering..." Bailey's eyes widened, she hadn't ever heard the brunette stutter like that, "If you wanted to go on a-"

Emerson stopped speaking for a second and Bailey softly prompted an "a?".

"A date."

Emerson barely winced, but the thief was able to detect the movement. Bailey's lips broke out in an uncontrollable grin.

"Of course!" She wrapped the woman before her in a hug, "I've been wondering if that was what we were doing this entire time, I wasn't really sure if you felt the same way!"

The brown eyed woman's face melted with what Bailey could only assume was relief and began to smile back. Overall a very good ending to the evening.