How (Not) To Go On A Maybe Date

Thursday, August 18th

6:00 PM

Bailey had snagged a seat next to the window of Ecobelli's. She still didn't know if Emerson was going to show up. Well, at least until the brunette was right across from her.

"Hi," the brown eyed female held her hand out for a handshake.

At the same time Bailey reached out for a hug from the woman. She laughed nervously and retracted her hands. The brunette awkwardly smiled when Bailey finally shook her hand. Bailey quickly shook off her mess up and smiled.

Both women sat down and picked up their menus, "So..." Bailey trailed off, "are you more of a night person or morning person? Personally I'm more of a night person. Morning is usually when I try to sleep in even though I have to be at work at 8:30, which is actually the reason that I originally met you. So what about you?"

Emerson chuckled at her rambling, "I guess you can consider me more of a early bird, 5 AM bright and early."

With the ice broken, the thief and the brunette started talking even more, learning all about each other. The only thing that Bailey was sure not tell the other girl was what she did in her pastime, steal. Because, come on, the woman's a lawyer, she'd incarcerate Bailey in less than half a second. But she was having fun and that's all that mattered.

When the waitress came out the blonde hadn't even looked at the menu. Bailey had been too busy learning about how Emerson's favorite color was yellow and other traditional first date type stuff (even though she still wasn't sure if it was a date). However it only took her a few seconds to decide what she was going to have.

"The seafood platter please!" the green eyed girl said with a smile.

Emerson went with the ravioli, which as much as she loved the classics, seafood was definitely her favorite, after all, cats love fish almost as much as birds. After ordering they both continued to talk, Bailey learned that she had 3 older brothers, used to run track in high school and college, and graduated from law school the previous year, so really she hadn't been a lawyer for that long (but still, she must have been a genius to already have graduated).

When their food came they were both hungry enough that they never really stopped to talk until afterward. The rest of the time they were together (about an hour and a half in total) they talked and laughed, overall having a good time.

All too soon Bailey and Emerson were walking out of Ecobelli's, the bill having been split and their food all eaten, "I hope we see each other again sometime," Emerson began, turning to the blonde.

The shorter of the two beamed, "I'll be sure to spill coffee on you. Though it'd probably be easier to just ask for your phone number?"

"Good call," the brown eyed female chuckled, "this way I won't be doused in a cold latte."

They promptly switched phones and typed in their contact information. When they handed each other's devices back they both smiled happily. They said their goodbyes and walked off in opposite directions. The blonde was quite happy about how dinner went, even though she never figured out if it was a date or not, which she really hoped it was. So when she flopped down on her bed, it was with a dreamy smile on her face.