How (Not) To Sleep Over At Your Maybe Girlfriend's Apartment

Monday, September 5th

12:08 AM

Emerson wasn't very happy right now. Apparently someone called in a tip to the police station that the Nightingale knew where the Kitty Cat Burglar was going to strike next (as if) so she'd been running from them all night, unable to get away from them long enough to go home and get any decent sleep for the next morning. And she had her 4th maybe date with her maybe girlfriend after she got done with work for the day.

Speaking of Bailey, Emerson wondered what she was doing. While she was running from the authorities, the blonde was probably curled up asleep, being all cute and adorable. At the current moment be curled up with the shorter girl sounded a lot better than what she was doing.

The brunette stopped for a breath, hunching over, after all she had been running for a good hour and had to be at least half a mile away from the cops. She might have had enough time to get home, except for the fact that she was on the other side of town with the police station in between her and a good night's rest. So, when she finally caught her breath, Emerson looked around for the nearest apartment building and pulled a bobby pin out of her hair.

The brown eyed heroine clambered onto the building and down to the nearest balcony. She checked to see if any of the lights were on, one was so she climbed to the next one, and the next one, and the next one. Eventually Emerson found an apartment with none of it's lights on and dubbed it safe enough to break into. She quickly and quietly picked the lock to the door and slipped into the living room undetected. The brunette was sure to sneak into the bedroom and unplug the alarm clock seated on the nightstand before she made any plans to stay the night. After getting back to the living room undetected Emerson curled up in the armchair and was soon fast asleep, knowing that she would be awake before the owner of the apartment.

Emerson woke up the following morning to footsteps. Footsteps. Coming her way. The heroine bolted up. There was no way that the alarm clock went off. Unless she accidentally unplugged the lamp instead! She was almost instantaneously hidden behind the chair.

Emerson finally got a good look at the person's face when they walked into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. They had light blonde hair and pretty green eyes, who else would it be, but Bailey. The heroine had accidentally slept over at Bailey's house. Bailey's. House.

Emerson mentally facepalmed, she just had to pick the apartment with a person she knew. The heroine swiveled her head, looking around for the quickest way out of the place. She spotted a vent on the wall opposite her and decided that that would be her best way out.

She waited for Bailey to leave the room before she snuck across the living room and took off the vent covering. Emerson immediately climbed in and pulled the grill back on behind her. It was a good thing too, because the coffee maker beeped, stimulating the blonde to come back into the room. So, Emerson left and was able to get home and to work on time.