How (Not) To Be On Time For A Date

Thursday, August 18th

5:43 PM

Emerson was walking down 51st Street when, out of the corner of her eye, she saw the sign for Ecobelli's. This caused the heroine to stop with a sudden thought, she was supposed to be meeting someone there.

She could barely hear a man behind her yell, "watch where you're going lady!"

The entire time Emerson was thinking of how she was supposed to be at the Italian restaurant in less than twenty minutes. One thing that the brunette was most definitely grateful for in that moment was the fact that she didn't live more than three minutes from where she was now, which was right next to Ecobelli's.

So, realizing this, Emerson started to sprint down the sidewalk, holding her bag on her shoulder so that it wouldn't fall off. When she unlocked the door to her apartment she tore through the living room to get to the closet in her room. She hurriedly changed into a white collared shirt, which she left the top two buttons undone (for time purposes only, she swears). The brunette pulled on a pair of nice blue jeans and brown high heeled sandals. Next Emerson ran to the bathroom and brushed through her hair, applying a quick coat of chapstick.

On her way out she grabbed her brown leather jacket and bag. The heroine locked her door and started running again. When she got there it was exactly six o'clock and she could see Bailey sitting at a table next to the window with a hopeful smile on her face. And then she walked in.