How (Not) To Stop A Cat Burglar

Tuesday, September 27th

11:53 PM

Emerson was in a very good mood; she was winning over the jury in her current case, had gotten back from a date with Bailey two hours prior, and was getting ready to patrol the city as the Nightingale. She had just finished pulling on the suit when her police radio buzzed.

"We have a break in at the Summerlin Museum," the radio crackled, "Suspect is believed to be the Kitty Cat Burglar. Backup is required."

The heroine immediately sped up her process, practically jumping out the window on the way to the roof. Her feet pounded, Emerson was determined that this time she would actually catch the slippery thief. That would make her already great day even better. She sprinted across buildings, trying to get to the museum before the cops did, she wanted this win for herself.

Her feet pounded on the shingles as she made her way to the museum. When she got there, the heroine searched the building for the point of entry that the Kitty Cat Burglar used to get inside. Emerson definitely expected it to be a little more subtle, like maybe a open window, but wasn't that surprised to find a grill sitting next to an exposed ventilation shaft.

Emerson slid into the hole and into the system of vents. She crawled through the tunnels, checking every so often for the black clad thief through other grills that led down to different treasure rooms.

She was on her way to the Ancient Egypt exhibit when she registered the sound of faint movement down the bend ahead of her. The brunette picked up the pace, moving her arms and legs faster, pulling herself across the metal.

Green eyes widened as soon as the two women, heroine and thief, came face to face. Whereas the blonde seemed shocked to see her, Emerson immediately narrowed her eyes.

The Kitty Cat Burglar started to frantically scramble backwards, kicking out the grate not even three feet behind her. Emerson watched as the girl half fell, half dropped down onto the Egyptian city replica. The heroine could hear the crunch of plastic buildings under the thief's boots as she landed on her feet, arms spread out for balance.

The brunette was only just dropping down into the room when the cat burglar was trying in vain to lift up the gate separating her from her escape. Emerson charged the frantic thief, raising her fist to strike her with a swift punch. The blonde turned, her back pressed against the metal blockade.

The Kitty Cat Burglar dove to the side, narrowly avoiding Emerson's blow, a gold necklace falling out of her pocket as she did so. It continued on like this for several minutes, the heroine attacking, and the thief avoiding conflict. Eventually, the brunette landed a punch, which knocked the thief's mask off with the force of it.

Emerson immediately stilled.

Bailey only paused for a second before leaving the stunned brunette in the dust.