How (Not) To Get Ready For A Date

Thursday, August 18th

4:31 PM

Bailey was freaking out, she was running around her apartment not sure what to do about her date only a hour and a half away. Her thought process was going something like this...

What am I supposed to wear?

Blue or red?

Or black!

Or would that be unlucky? Nah, that's just some Chinese cat superstition.

Is it supposed to be a fancy date, or casual?

Does she think it's a date?

Does she even remember?

She probably only said that to get me to shut up!

And the thoughts continued on, making the blonde increasingly anxious. The girl flopped down on her bed and sighed. Bailey decided that she would figure it out after she showered. So, twenty-three minutes later she had a towel wrapped around her and was drying her hair. It didn't take long for her hair to dry, so, not long after Bailey was again standing in her closet.

It took her another ten minutes to say "whatever", and pick out a semi-casual outfit. So, Bailey decided to wear a red 3/4th sleeve length shirt, a black and white plaid skirt, and maroon stockings. She pulled a few strands of hair back with a bobby pin and put on the faintest amount of pink lip gloss. On her way out she grabbed her shoes and skipped all the way down to the lobby.

Bailey made it all the way to the end of the block before she realized that she had forgotten to bring her purse with her. The blond smacked her forehead in exasperation. She ran all the way back to her apartment building. She probably looked a bit funny running down the street like a cat running from a dog.

When she unlocked the door, Bailey was only barely winded. This didn't hinder the thief and it didn't stop her from swiftly grabbing her purse and leaving the apartment. She almost walked away from her door without locking it, but quickly turned around to do so. This time, she wouldn't forget anything else that could stop her from being late to her date.