No Chill Naruto

Third POV

Yammato rebuild much of the village using his wood release. "At this rate Konoha will be done in no time!" one of the construction crew members exclaims. "You make it sound so easy..." Yammato mumbles. Sakura and Naruto sit on a stack of wood. "I have so much to tell Tsunade," Naruto trails off. "Don't worry, she'll be fine!" Sakura pipes up.

Hono lays asleep on a cot under a tent beside them. She normally sleeps curled up in a ball but since it's so hot she naturally sprawls out. Her shoulder is wrapped tightly and her arms and legs, as usual, are covered in bandages. "Naruto, Sakura! Long time no see!" a voices pipes up. Naruto and Sakura look at them a long while. "I never thought I would see you guys again!" Then soon realize and shout. "Inari and Tazuna!" Inari explains how they are here to help rebuild Konoha.

Kakashi turns the corner and sees them. "Oh? You guys are here already?" he asks them. "We came as soon as we heard your village was in trouble," Tazuna says proudly. "Where's Hono and Sasuke?" he asks. "Well, Sasuke and I had a fight and he left the village for awhile. But I'll bring him home soon!" Naruto beams. "And as for Hono, she got hurt in battle and she's passed out on a cot over there," Sakura points behind her. Inari narrows his eye at her sleeping form. "Are you sure?" he questions. Naruto nods. "Watch this!" Naruto calls out as he trots over to her. He bends down to her ear level. and screams, "HONO-CHAAAAN!"

Hono jumps three feet off the cot and fall off the bed. She scrambles up, looking around confused. "Wha-? Where am I?" she puts her arms up in front of her. Inari and Tazuna looks at the girl. Sakura comes up behind her and places a hand on her uninjured shoulder. She turns to her, "Hono, someone is here to see you," she points to Inari. Hono's eyes widen and she smiles widely. "Inari!" she squeals and runs to him. She stumbles slightly as she runs.

Hono POV

I scoop him up in my arms and spin him around. I hear him giggle and I set him back down. I size him up. "Hm, looks like your almost my height," I mumble. "That's because you barely grew since I last saw you," he smiles. I push my hair out of my eyes. "Don't get too cocky," I counter. "Woah!" he exclaims. "Gramps! Come look at her!" Tazuna walks over and stares at my face. "I haven't seen that red eye before or the scar on top of it," Tazuna says. "It was from training with my kekkai genkai," I shrug off. "Anyway, it looks real cool!" Inari says. "Looks like you guys need to get back to work. Sorry for keeping you here so long," I put my hand behind my head. "Nothing to apologize for. It was great seeing you again," Tazuna says as they walk back waving.

"I understand why Sasuke wanted revenge. I thought I knew him then but I didn't. No wonder I could never fight him," I place my hand on his shoulder. "It might hurt, but I'll fight with him for real this time. 'Cause I want team 7 to laugh again. Sasuke included!" I can't help but smile at his optimism.

"Hey!" I turn and see Kiba with Akamaru riding towards us. "Guys, Tsunade has been dismissed as hokage and the new hokage is some guy named Danzo," my face turns to disgust at the name. "And that's not even it. He has given permission to dispose of Sasuke and a rouge nin!" I tense up. "What the hell?!" Naruto yells. "They're not willing to wait for her to recover. And Sasuke is already a rouge nin, punishable by death. It was because of Tsunade that he hasn't been killed," I feel my stomach drop. Sakura tries to storm off but Kakashi holds her back. "Storming off to tell him isn't going to help," Kakashi reminds. I grit my teeth as I try to sort through what I just heard. They continue fighting.

"One wrong move and you'll end up in jail," Kakashi tries to reason. "I don't care, I'm going," I grab his forearm. "Danzo will not hesitate to use anything and everything to keep you here in the village," I say lowly. "Sai! We were looking for you!" Naruto calls out. "Sai, can you tell us anything about Danzo," Sakura asks. "I can't," he responds. Memory of his seal resurfaces. "Why not?" They rage. He sticks out his tongue and shows the seal. "I physically can't," he adds. He looks at me to explain. "If he says anything about him. He will be paralyzed and unable to move or talk. All foundation members have it. Danzo keeps a real tight leash on anbu but even more so on foundation members," I explain. "We've done many dirty deeds to keep Konoha safe. He does it to protect the village," Sai explains. "Then why is he going back on Tsunade's promise?" Naruto asks. "He's planning on killing him!" Sakura adds. Sai looks shocked. "This is the first I have heard of it," he says. I hear the sound of metal and I turn to see a katana pointed at Naruto.