Resurrection

"Hono-chan, let's go," Kankuro drags me through the busy walkways. "Where the hell am I going?" I say between steps. "We're attacking a group of 1000 soldiers and you're coming with me," I roll my eyes and run up beside him so he isn't dragging me. He lets go of my arm and shinobi are getting on ink birds. I see Sai painting several birds for us to fly on.  "Sai, I don't need one. So don't waste your ink," I call out to him. As I summon Hikari.

"Hn?" Hikari looks down at me. "Oh hey, Hono! What are we doing today? Fighting more Akatsuki members?" he asks excitedly. "Well yes," his eyes brighten up. "But I need you to take me there first," I say sheepishly. He groans but stays still while I jump onto his back.

"Let's go,"and we take flight. We fly over a wooded area. "So how is being the second in command?" Sai asks. I shrug, "I'm really glad they chose me of all people to do it but I don't know why. I mean there are plenty of amazing shinobi," I trail off. "You have something they don't have. You have the strong ability to lead and plan attacks as well as a jack of all trades nin," Sai concurs.

"Leader? I'm not much of one at all. I just kind of show up when I'm needed," I raise my eyebrow. "You don't lead like that, you lead with action, people see what you are doing and follow," he says. I nod my head. "Whatever you say," I say.

"Land here," Kankuro calls out. Hikari nose dives for the ground, wind furiously whipping at my face. But he pulls up at the last second, landing us safely. I jump off of his back, "You can go for now, we are doing an ambush and I'll summon you later," I tell him. He poofs away in a cloud of smoke and fire after a quick nod.

"We're in enemy territory now, so keep your eyes peeled. Our goal is to set time bombs," Kankuro announces along with jobs for different individuals. "Hono, Kiri and I will plan a strategy," I nod and walk over to his side. Shinobi carve trenches with earth style jutsus.

"Kabuto is using one of Orochimaru's techniques. It's called 'Impure world resurrection' so really messed up stuff. And the only way to stop the resurrected is to seal them or completely immobilize them. Killing Kabuto wouldn't even work," So Kabuto has taken over the legacy of that snake.

"We, like the other squads are to capture him if we find him. I'm told our side will use illusions to trick him into cancelling the jutsu," I nod. "If that doesn't work, we need a back up plan," I say. I want to prepare for all possible scenarios. "What are you thinking?" he asks me. I sigh. "Well the only way besides that is to go and stop them one by one or force Kabuto to comply," I sigh, not knowing what else to do. "Let's just hope we don't have to fall back on that plan," we all nod and start scanning the area.

"What's wrong?" Kankuro says, calling me to attention. "It's some kind of jamming technique. And it's messing with my ability to sense anything!" I try looking for chakra signatures. "Nothing," I mutter. "Is it the enemy?!" Kankuro asks.

"No, it's me!" I throw my hands up sarcastically. "Yes, it's the enemy," I groan. A ninja falls out of the forest. "That's Muta!" Kiri runs to catch him. "Wait there are trap everywhere! I'll take care of him," Kankuro calls out.

"Hoteto!" The Hyuuga known as Hoteto activates his byakugan. "I don't know what is in that jar but it's not the Aburame clan's bugs!" I grit my teeth. "That was quick," I say. Muta grabs Kiri and uses him a human shield. I mutter a string of cuss words under my breath. "The way he's moving," Kankuro murmurs. I notice the sudden and jerky movement. I watch as he sends out his chakra strings.

But Muta is dragged back. "There is a giant lump of white that's pumping a massive amount of chakra!" Hoteto says. "That's explosive clay," he looks at me. An earth-type shinobi surrounds us in rock as a huge explosion rings out. I punch through the rock, needing to act fast and follow. "I'm going to follow him!" I shout to Kankuro. "Hono!? Wait!" I don't stop. I activate my Zenchi no me and activate Byakugan.