Reunited

I arrive at the medic tents and hear the screams. I flinch slightly but enter the tent I was told Sakura is in, "Back again I see, are you dying?" she asks. "Um, no. Shikaku sent me here to get my chakra replenished. But it looks like you guys have your hands full. Do you want my help? I know basic medic jutsus and can take care of bandages," I offer. She seems relieved, "Please do. I'll get you some supplies and you can help out in my tent," she rushes off to get more supplies. I peek my head out and spot a stone ninja, "Hey, can you do me a favor?"

She comes in and uses an earth jutsu to raise a three sections of rock, two for a stool and another for a table"Thank you," I bow as they leave and Sakura enters. "Great, I guess I don't have to find extra chairs and a table," She sets down the various medical equipment. She sits down at her station, "Next two!" she shouts. I set up the supplies as the next to come in. Neji and a cloud ninja walk in. "Neji-san," Sakura calls out. His head pops up and he nods at us.

The cloud nin sits down on the rock stool. I notice him gripping his upper arm. I roll up his sleeve on that arm. A few deep gashes are bleeding profusely. I hover my hands over his arm as green chakra envelopes them. I heal the wounds on his leg too. I take gauze and soak it in hydrogen peroxide. I clean the wounds of blood and bacteria. He hisses in pain as the peroxide touches the injuries, "I know, I always hated this part too," I mutter. I wait for it to dry and stitch it up. After tying off the medical thread, I apply the bandages.

"You're not a medic, are you?" he asks. I raise my eyebrows. "What makes you say that?"

"Well for one you are the second in command and two you look like a combative ninja," I nod. "True, true. I'm usually on the receiving end of medic help," I deadpan. "When your not making sarcastic remarks or either getting healed my me or recovering from injuries that were healed my me," Sakura pipes up.

Neji snickers, I go to protest but I realize I have nothing to back it up. "Exactly," she says. "Alright, you're good," I slap his shoulder, "Thanks," he gets up and leaves the tent. I glare at Sakura, "That's all of your external injuries," she says. "Take this time to rest while you can," He mutters a quick thanks and leaves. "We're in trouble!" I medic runs in. Sakura and I run out to see what the matter is. Three jonin medic, dead. "How could this have happened?" you of the medics ask.

"A spy must have slipped in," The 3 bodies are covered in a white sheet. "And they are targeting jonin," I see the advantage of doing that. The less experienced medic, the more deaths. "But how, we've been doing chakra checks on everyone who enters," another says.

"Someone's being controlled or there is some transformation technique advanced enough to change chakra signature," I voice. "So anyone can here can be a spy?" Neji pops up.

"They are doing it to cause confusion," a medic says. I nod. "But at any rate, we need to keep treating patients," I say.

"Wait, since when were you here?" a medic asks me. "Me? I came because Shikaku wanted me to recover chakra. Sakura clearly needed help so I offered," I shrug. They look at Sakura. "She's my teammate as well as the second in command of the combative squads," they look back at me with a calculating stare. I glare right back at them, "Problem?" I say in a low voice. their eyes linger while they turn away without a word.

I follow Sakura back to the tent when one of her previous patients enter, "It's you, are you still in pain?" she asks. "No, I'm fine thanks to you. I just wanted to give you this," he pulls out a piece of paper. I busy myself with organizing the medical supplies.

Neji enters and starts talking to Sakura. I hear a crash and crumbling, I jump and look over. Sakura had Neji pinned on the table. The transformation fades. "Pigs don't have hands," she said. I shiver, just now remembering her monster strength. Sakura takes him to perform an autopsy. I take care of several patients while she does.

"Hono," I hear Shikaku again. "What's up?" I ask, pausing from wrapping bandages around a patient, "Naruto and Bee have entered battle. I'll send you the location of their destination," he says. I nod, "Alright!" I say with more enthusiasm. I finish wrapping the sand nin's wound and find Sakura. "I'm being called out. Can you give me some chakra?" I ask, lifting the flap of the tent. She nods and she places her hands on my shoulders. "Naruto's here," I say. Her eyes widen. "Tsunade must have permitted him to enter battle, then," she said.

"I'm meeting up with him," I say. "Keep an eye out for him," she asks as she removes her hands from my shoulders. "And keep an eye out for yourself! The next time I see you, it better not be you half-dead!" she shouts at me as I jog out of the tent, "No promises!" I shout back with a smirk.

I run in the direction of the location and I start to smile. It's about time he gets here! My cheeks burn from smiling. I would get to see him again. Damn, what is wrong with me. Naruto is changing me. I feel as if I'm gliding through the landscape as I watch the horizon. Wind rushing in my face and hair whipping all around.

I see a yellow glow on a rocky path, I jump down, with a gut feeling of who it is. Nagato with his arm slung around Itachi stands in the path of Naruto and Bee. "So what did I miss," I say as I land next to Naruto with a grin. He grins right back, "Princess, you're here too," Itachi says almost shocked. "How many dead Akatsuki members am I gonna see in one day?" I grumble loudly.

"First it's Deidera and Sasori, then Kakazu, an now you two," I list them off. "So they are here too," Nagato says. I shake my head, "Not anymore, they were sealed," the nod. "It probably been awhile since we've seen each other. Naruto, you have change," Itachi says. He explains his chakra coat.

"Naruto, there's something I need to ask," Naruto shrugs, "Sure, but I gotta tell you something too," Itachi's moves go rigid. With two fingers in front of his mouth he uses a fireball jutsu. Bee cuts it in half.