Chapter 4

Its been a week since I was sick and Louis tried being 'nice' to me. After I left his house I went straight home, locking myself in my room, away from my mother. He hasn't bothered me at all since I left his house that day. Not even to call me a name or push me into the wall. It's weird, but nice for a change. But I still have Zayn to deal with.

It's now the middle of the school day on Friday. I was on my way to lunch when I was stopped by Zayn accompanied by Niall. They started to circle me, a crowd forming around the three of us, already knowing what was coming. My daily punishment for being gay. I sighed heavily, dropping my backpack and pushing it away.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here," Niall taunted while he was behind me.

"Faggot, you shouldn't even come to school anymore. Why don't you kill yourself yet? Or wait, better yet, have you tried but failed? That sounds more like our Homo Harry." Zayn said facing me with a wicked smirk spread across his face. He got closer to me, pushing me back so I stumbled into Niall's awaiting arms. Niall grabbed both of my wrists and held them behind my back as Zayn advanced with a fist raised. I screwed my eyes shut and felt the first blow hit my jaw. The next was my eye. Then my stomach. My cheek. A knee collided with my stomach. Zayn's fists kept raining down on my face and torso as I was held up by Niall, helplessly.

I felt Niall's grip around my wrists disappear before I was pushed to the ground, where I was repeatedly kicked in the face, legs, arms, back, and stomach by both Niall and Zayn. I felt a few fists every now and then, hearing constant slurs of names and swears. My whole body ached as I lay there on the ground being mutilated. I cried out in pain but nobody wanted to help me or stop them, it was too good a show for them. So they let it continue. Eventually they let up, the crowd walking away.

"See you around, queer bag," Niall spat viciously at me, kicking me hard one last time in the ribs before walking away laughing with Zayn.

I groaned in pain as I rolled over onto my back, gasping for air in the process. I sat up after a few minutes and wiped the blood off of my face that was pouring out of my nose and various gashes. A gasp was heard from in front of me, scaring me so much that I jumped, causing me to groan in pain again. The bell rang, signaling I was late but I didn't care. I was in too much pain to even notice everyone in the halls were gone. It was only me and the person that just gasped.

"W-what happened?" Louis asked as he dropped down to his knees in front of me. (No, not that way you perverts!) He slowly and gently raised his right hand. I shut my eyes again, thinking he was going to punch me too. I was shocked when his hand softly touched my cheek. I let out a whimper and flinched in pain when his fingers came into contact with the sore and tender skin around my eye. I guarantee it is already starting to swell and turn a nice lovely shade of black.

"Careful, you might catch my gay disease." I mumbled a sarcastic warning. He looked shocked and withdrew his hand standing up. He turned on his heel and walked away, leaving me there in silence and pain. I've grown used to the feeling of abandonment like that. Some people say it's not normal but it is for me. I honestly don't care anymore.

I pushed myself onto my feet, holding myself up with the lockers. I was in immense pain as I bent back down and grabbed my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder before I went to the bathroom. Once inside, I made my way to the sink and mirror.

I gripped the sides of the sink as I stared into the mirror, looking at my reflection. I was disgusted by myself. I can't even defend myself. My mum hates me, everyone at school hates me. I have no clue who my father is. I'm useless for anything except for getting in the way and being a nerd. I guess I was a pretty good punching bag for Louis, Zayn, Niall, and my mum. If only I wasn't so weak and gay, then maybe, just maybe my mum wouldn't hate me and I would have at least one friend.

I sighed and wiped off the tears that managed to escape my eyes and washed the blood off my face. I contemplated just leaving school and going home for the day but decided against it as I made my way to lunch, where my lunch was knocked onto the floor by none other than Zayn.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

I sat down at the corner table in the library after school like always. I let my backpack fall to the floor as I slumped down so my forehead was resting against the table. I let out a long tired groan, wishing I wasn't born.

"Can you help me again?" A voice rang out. I sighed again without looking up at whoever was asking.

"Whoever you are, please, just go away. Go see if someone else will help. I'm sorry but I really do not want to help anyone today." I explained. I heard a chuckle come from who it was along with the chair from across the table pull out and the person settle themselves in. I let out another groan, still not looking up.

"I said please, didn't I? Just go away!" I pleaded almost desperately.

"Awh, c'mon! Don't be like that! Plus you sorta owe me for last week." At this, my head was immediately snapping up to come face to face with a smirking Louis.

"Wh-what do you need help with?" I slowly asked, not really wanting to help but I didn't want to get hurt even more today. I already knew it was going to be a rough weekend ahead of me and I didn't want to be in pain because of my mum, Zayn and Louis.

"Same as last time. Listen, I was thinking, since I have to get going in a few minutes because of my family, I was wondering if I could just come over to your place tomorrow and get some help. I also thought that uhm," he trailed off, scratching the back of his neck. I just raised my eyebrows waiting for him to continue. "I thought that maybe if I'm there, your mum won't hurt you, and maybe you'll get to eat?" He tried quietly.

I sat there staring at him shocked. I mean, why would he care? Why does he all of a sudden starting to be nice to me? To be honest, it is sort of freaking me out.

"So what do you say, I come over tomorrow around 10.30? That way it give us about an hour and a half and then around noon we can get you some food. Sound like a plan?" He proposed, standing up with his bag in hand.

"Why are you doing this?" I questioned him as he just smirked at me and sauntered off. This has to be some cruel and sick prank he's got going on. Well I'm not letting him play with me like I'm a toy that he can just dispose of when he's had enough fun torturing me.

I got up from the table, deciding to just go home. I grabbed my bag and left the school, walking home. My house was empty when I got home but I decided on not eating while I could and just locked myself in my room. I fell face first onto my bed after taking my contacts out. The exhaustion of the day hit me almost immediately, causing me to fall asleep thinking that I could do my homework later this weekend and praying Louis was only screwing with me when he said he was coming over tomorrow morning.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A/N: So I have given up on updating on Mondays so for now I'm just going to update when ever I finish a chapter. I hope this chapter isn't that bad because it didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to. Anyways, vote, comment, fan. Until next time, Stay unique! Xx