Chapter 13

"Hey Gem, can we talk?" I asked through her bedroom door. I had my arm against the door with my head resting on top of it. "Please?" I begged. I heard a shuffling so I leaned back off of the door the same time it opened, revealing a distressed looking Gemma.

"What? Here to say I don't really care about you some more?" She spat bitterly. Her eyes were red like she had been crying but it was obvious she didn't want to talk about it.

"I'm sorry, the idea was put in my head and I guess it just got stuck there and I eventually believed it. I'm sorry." I apologized, looking down at the ground because I was too ashamed to make eye contact. Arms suddenly wrapped themselves around me, Gemma burying her face into my chest as she cried, leaving wet splotches on my tee shirt.

"Don't believe whoever told you that because they lied." She choked out into my chest, squeezing me tight. I nodded even though she couldn't see me and squeezed back. When we pulled apart, Gemma wiped away her tears and I, mine. We both looked at each other and began to laugh at our ridiculousness.

"Together forever, right?" Gemma asked me, holding her hand out. I got the clue and repeated, "Together forever," as we did an intricate handshake that we created as little kids. We would always do it right after a fight or before leaving each other for a long period of time. We were really close as kids but as we grew up we drifted apart, going our own separate ways.

"What happened to us, Har-Bear?" She quietly said, voicing my thoughts. I shook my head and pulled her back in for a hug. I honestly do not know what happened to us. I wish I could change it but with her always gone due to college and me stuck in school, we have absolutely no time for bonding anymore.

"Hey, want me to kick these guys out so we can have a brother-sister sleepover like the good old days?" I asked as we pulled put of the hug.

"Yeah, that'd be nice. We need it, desperately." I nodded and turned to go back downstairs, listening as Gemma called after me, "I'm gonna change into pjs and grab all of our fort blankets, I'll meet you in the living room when I'm done." I shouted back an 'okay' and headed down stairs.

As I entered the living room, the boys all looked up at me. They all had the same look on their faces, all wondering how my talk with Gemma went. I shot them a thumbs up and a dimpled smile before picking up the plates left over from the pizza to throw them away.

"Well that's all fine and dandy and I hate to say this but I gotta go. Beautiful girl is waiting at the park for me." Niall said after looking at his phone, leaving his controller on the table as he stood up with a huge grin on his face. The other boys looked at him with awed expressions.

"Niall Horan never have I ever seen you talk about a girl that way l, and so excited to meet up with her. Why haven't we heard about her and do we know her?" Liam suddenly asked. Niall blushed the color of an over ripe tomato, murmuring a quiet 'no'.

"I gotta go, she's waiting." Niall rushed out of the room, hearing the front door slam seconds later. Zayn, Louis and Liam all looked at each other with shocked expressions, obviously still dumbfounded by the fact that he found a girl he likes enough to date.

"Well, as much as I love you guys staying here and playing my play station and eating all my food, but you guys need to leave," I told them the same time Gemma came in the room wearing her pjs like she said, with our fort blankets piled high in her arms along with a few pillows. She sat them down on the end of the couch before putting her arms akimbo and cocking her hip to the side is a sassy manner. Oh no, here it comes.

"What are you still doing in my house? Didn't this fool tell you all to leave yet? I should call the cops because I don't want you in my home. Peasant, give me my phone!" She turned to me and gave me her 'look' indicating she wanted me to go along with her plan. I bowed my head at her and backed out of the roo after saying, "As you wish master." As I left the room to turn around and grab the land line, I caught a glimpse of Louis looking at me with an unreadable expression on his face whilst the others frantically threw their controllers down, pulling on their shoes.

"The phone, as you asked for," I bowed my head again, lifting phone up to her in a servant sort of way. She took it from me and smirked at the boys as she pretended to dial, holding it to her ear. Zayn and Liam looked terrified, Louis sat still on the couch, just staring at me with the same unreadable expression. It looked sort of like confusion but then again, it could have been anything when it comes to him, he's full of surprises. Louis stood up, pointing an accusing finger at Gemma.

"No! I am not leaving him here alone with you if you are going to treat him this way! I have already saved him from his mum multiple times, I am not doing the same because of you. I don't understand why everyone seems to pick on him, me included, but his own family? that's just not right. You are supposed to love and care for him, not treat him like a slave and smacking him around like he's nothing. I am not leaving until I know he is safe." He plopped back down on the couch as the four of us all stared at him with wide eyes. Gemma and I both turned to each other at the same time and burst into loud and obnoxious laughter, causing Louis to give us a befuddled look, Zayn and Liam looking back and forth obviously confused.

"We got you so good!" I cried out between gasps for air. Gemma high fived me before falling backwards onto the couch, still dying with laughter. Zayn and Liam seemed to have caught on and started laughing along, probably at their own stupidity. Louis still sat on the couch, nothing had changed except for the fact he was now glaring at Gemma and I.

"But seriously, can you guys leave? We need some brother-sister bonding time." Gemma asked politely after we had stopped laughing and caught our breaths. Zayn and Liam nodded and said their goodbyes before walking out, Louis still not moving from his spot.

"Uhm, Lou?" I asked, waving a hand in front of his face and smiling nervously because he was staring intensely at my face. He shook his head as if to get rid of the daze he was just in and stood up. He grabbed me by my wrist and drug me into the next room which happened to be the dining room.

"Please tell me she doesn't actually treat you that way, does she?" He asked quietly, all the concern in the world was shown on his face. I fought back a blush because he actually cared about me, even if it was only in a friendly way for him. I guess he won't ever like me back due to what he had told me earlier.

"What? Oh, no, gosh no! We were only pretending to be that way because we used to joke around as kids that she would be queen one day and I would be her favorite servant, instead of royalty along with her. Don't worry, she has only hit me a few times and that was because we were wrestling one time. I am completely safe with her around, nothing for you to worry about." I told him as relief washed over his face.

"Okay good, because I was not about ready to be responsible for putting another one of your family members in jail." He breathed out. "If you need anything or whatever, text or call me to let me know. Especially with that leg of yours like that." He quickly hugged me before walking back into the living room and apologizing to Gemma. I followed behind him as he did so and walked him to the front door, unlike the rest of my 'guests' that invited themselves in.

"Well, I'll see you Monday then?" He nodded and as we exchanged our goodbyes I couldn't help but notice how he looked like something was bothering him. I brushed it off though, it was probably none of my business or a big deal.

"So, let's start this fort! I wanna watch movies later tonight too." I said as I limped back into the living room, taking in the sight of my sister half way started with the fort. This was going to be a good night.

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°

A/N: Awhh can I just say I absolutely adore Gemma and Harry's relationship because I do. And I just want to thank you guys for reading this and voting, commenting and just everything. It truly amazes me and makes me believe I am actually good at something in life. So please keep voting and commenting because it makes me smile. I love you all. Stay strong. Xx