Chapter 22

Harry was at school, avoiding Levi's burning gaze at the back of his head and dodging the interaction of himself and the few people who still bully him. Most of the physical bullying had stopped when Louis and his friends had found out what was going on in Harry's life, but not all of it, along with the name calling. That was still there.

Meanwhile, across town, Louis and his mother were at a mental hospital. Well, more like a therapists office instead because there were no white rooms with crazy people locked inside, or padded walls. No, just a receptionist, a waiting room and a few rooms with therapists specializing in different degrees, and a tiny bathroom were in the building. Louis sat in a hard and uncomfortable chair, bouncing his leg nervously as he glared at his mother across the room. He didn't want to be there at all. He was fine, or so he thought. But deep inside his mind, questions swirled around like what if the therapist finds out about me trying to commit suicide? What then? Am I going to be diagnosed as crazy and locked up and put on different medications?

A young woman, around twenty seven with short black hair and glasses came out of a room, talking with one of the receptionists. After receiving a different clipboard with Louis Tomlinson scribbled across the top of the papers, she calmly made her way into the waiting room.

"Louis Tomlinson?" The therapist called out. Louis' head snapped over to look at her. Standing up shakily and walking over to her.

"Hi Louis, I am going to be your therapist, Dr. Mullen." She greeted him, sticking her small and delicate hand out to shake his. He took it hesitantly and shook it, nodding and muttering a small 'hi' to Dr. Mullen.

"Well, I guess we should get started, so if you'll just follow me that would be great." She smiled, turning on her heel and walking down a hallway. Before Louis followed her, he shot his mother a pleading look, almost as if he was begging her to stop this. She looked away guiltily, thinking about how this was for his own good.

Louis was no longer mad at his mother, he just felt betrayed. She woke him up this morning saying that he wasn't going to school, but instead the doctors. He was confused and wanted an explanation, but received none. So here he was, sitting on a pea green chair that looked very uncomfortable but really wasn't, staring across the room at Dr. Mullen.

"So Louis, do you know why your mum is worried about you and brought you here?" She asked, a twinkle in her honey colored eyes. She loved her job, being able to help people with their problems and make them better.

"Not really, no. She has been acting differently around me for the past couple days and then when she woke me up this morning she said I wasn't going to school, but here instead." Louis confessed, rubbing his hands up and down his thighs nervously. He wanted to know why he was here, so badly.

"Your mother brought you here because she has been noticing some strange behavior from you and wanted to find out if it was normal. She also said something about a friend of yours calling her the other day and asking about you too." Dr. Mullen explained, watching Louis' face for a reaction but receiving none, his face was blank as he tried to figure out who could have called his mum.

"So, what does my supposed odd behavior have to do with this?" He asked curiously.

"Your mother and friend have both had suspicions of you having something called bipolar disorder, you're familiar with it I presume?" She questioned, looking back and forth between Louis and the clipboard. His face paled, mind going blank.

"What the hell do you mean, bipolar!?" He snapped, quickly changing from nervous to furious like a flip of a switch. He stood up and started pacing, if Dr. Mullen was a man, he would have surely slapped her for that. Louis tugged at his hair as he paced back and forth, trying to calm himself down as he thought things over. Dr. Mullen watched curiously, taking few notes on what had just happened.