Chapter 28

Niall's POV. (Surprise?)

"Eireann! Come back here!" I chased after my girlfriend who currently had a hold of my phone throughout the downstairs of her home. I laughed at her as she tried to gracefully jump over the back of the sofa but caught her toe and fell. I stopped when she didn't get up right after, nervous because I was hoping she didn't hurt herself.

"Oh my god! I wanna do it again!" She shouted and then burst out into loud laughter. I let out a relieved breath and poked my head over the top of the sofa to see her hanging upside down, head on the floor and feet on the seat of the sofa. I giggled at her before climbing over the back and plopping down next to her, hanging off the sofa as well and linking our fingers together.

After our laughter had died down, we laid there in silence, just staring at the ceiling. After a while, Eireann squeezed my hand gently, turning her head to face me. I turned my head to look at her, seeing a look on her face like she had something to tell me but wasn't quite sure how to say it.

"Niall, don't get mad at me please?" She pleaded. I raised an eyebrow at her, unsure as to why she would say that.

"Why would I be mad at you? You haven't cheated on me have you?" I questioned, panicking slightly.

"No! Gosh no, I would never do that to you." She let out a heavy sigh, looking back up at the ceiling. "Niall, my real name isn't Eireann, it's Hope. I had to change it when my mum and I moved away from my dad. The police actually requested that we did it because they knew my father was a dangerous person and would probably look for us after he gets out of prison. I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner, I just had to make sure I could trust you enough to tell you. I actually told Louis a while ago but I don't think he remembers because it was back when he was having trouble with Harry. I-" She was cut off by a pounding on my front door. She sighed but gave me a look that said that she could wait and tell me later because the pounding didn't let up.

"I'm sorry, I don't know who it is. I'll be right back," She told me, pecking my lips before managing to stand up and make her way towards the door. The pounding had now stopped and was now replaced by quiet and soft whimpers. I got up from the floor and sat on the sofa, waiting for her return.

When she came back, I certainly did not expect her to come back with Louis sobbing like a newborn. I was standing immediately, rushing to his side. I helped sit him down with Eireann or Hope? I don't know, I am confused and Louis showing up isn't helping the situation but only making it worse.

"What's wrong Lou?" My girlfriend asked, rubbing his back as he curled into her side. I sat across the room, feeling useless. I already knew that Louis was hanging out with my girlfriend a lot because she was helping him with his issues and all, but right now it was making my blood boil. I understand that yeah, he is crying and came to her crying but she completely forgot about me.

"I screwed up!" I heard him choke out in between wheezes. His whole body was racking with sobs and it was sort of terrifying to see one of my best mates look like this.

"Shh, Louis, breath. Calm down and breath. Can you do that for me?" She whispered, receiving a nod from Louis. I watched as his breathing slowed down and deepened, his chest rising and falling slower.

"Okay, now can you tell me what happened?" She asked him, glancing at me briefly before directing her attention back to Louis.

"Yeah, okay."

~•~•~•~

Harry's PoV.

To say I was excited for my date with Louis tonight was an understatement. I was bouncing off the walls with excitement, barely able to stay still in my seat at the end of the day. I had trouble paying attention to the teacher as he kept going on and on about something I probably already learned two years ago. By the time the bell rang I was already out of my seat and rushing to my locker, a huge grin on my face.