5. Background

Shawn's POV

I woke up by falling off the couch and I groan and stand up and stretch.

I yawn and I go get a glass of water.

Geoff and Andrew were asleep on the bunk beds and Sara was sleeping in the couch.

I get my blanket from my backpack and cover her.

I check my phone and I had some Twitter and Instagram notifications.

It was 11:35am.

I went out and there were the guards and we were at the amphitheater.

I woke up Geoff, Andrew and Sara.

She hit my legs with her arm.

"Noo. Goo aaawayy," she whined in her sleep.

I chuckled and shook her more.

"Sara? Wake up please. He have to check up the stage and the lights."

She groaned and I opened the door and the light and warmth came in.

She squinted her eyes and rolled and her back was facing me. I playfully rolled my eyes and I attempted to wake her again.

"Sara?"

"Shut. The fuck. Up." She mumbled.

I told Kevin, her security guard to carry her with the blanket.

He did it with ease.

We went to the building and Kevin left Sara in the backstage lounge couch. Sara stirred and then she woke up after 30 minutes.

"Hey Sara," I smiled. "We were just setting up the stage. Michael dealt with the lights. We just need to know if the cameras work," I sat by Sara.

"Oh my. I'm so so so so sorry. I just woke up early. And I'm a night owl and I'm not really a morning person," Sara explained quickly.

"It's alright."

"Wow Sara, great first impression," she whispered to herself.

"It's fine Sara," I put my hand on her back. "Really. It's nothing. We have our own cameras. So if you don't mind?"

"Yeah. Let me just change," Sara stood up and left.

I went to the stage and I saw James doing sound check.

Anna was on the other side of the stage. She waved at me and then she left out back.

I then see her walk to my side.

"Time to get wired. See if it works fine," she told me and we got in a room and she and another person wired me up.

I then walk out and see Sara.

She was wearing black leggings and a red and black flannel which reached her mid thigh and she had a pair of slip on black vans.

See had a cup of coffee in her hand and her phone.

Her hair was in a very messy bun. It was more to the side than in the middle and it was loose.

"Good afternoon," she yawned and I laughed.

"Come on. You have to check the cameras," I led her to the cameras and she turned on the TVs and filmed James sing and everything was fine.

She checked the batteries and the circuits.

Then she went up to the lights.

She flashed them onto me, the crew, and the band.

We took a break.

Geoff, Andrew, Sara, Michael, Anna and I went to Arby's.

We got burgers and some fans found us.

We took pictures.

"So Sara? How did you graduate early," Andrew asked.

"My teachers saw how good I was and since I was in advanced classes I was showing more intelligence than my classmates and they gave me a test which was meant for seniors and I passed it and but I also advanced. Graduated my sophomore year. I was a sophomore when I graduated my first college. I stayed in college for the rest of the year I was an assistant for filming and then I did lighting in another college for a year and advanced on that too. I also met Michael there. Then on my final year I did photography and advanced," Sara paused.

Wow. She is smart. And she's only 19.

"Michael and I started dating my sophomore year of college. I also graduated high school early. Just when I was a sophomore in high school they saw I was advanced. Just not very much in science or math but I was pretty good. So they let me go to college. And I was just 16!"

"Woah," Andrew, Geoff and I 'woah'ed in unison. 

"Yeah. Pretty sick huh?" Sara chuckled and we went back in our car which could fit eight people.

Two guards and the rest of the seats were for us. Andrew, Geoff and I were in the middle seats and Anna, Michael and Sara were in the very back.

"And how did you and Anna know each other," Geoff asked Sara.

"Oh. She pushed me in a ball pit when I was five. And since we lived in the same neighbourhood we saw a lot of each other and she apologised and we became best friends," We laughed.

"So tell us your story Shawn," Michael said.

"I'm Shawn Mendes. I was born August 8th, 1998. I'm currently 17 years old. I'm from a town called Pickering in Canada and when I was 13 my father gave me my first guitar. And everyday after school I would look up YouTube covers. And I learned how to play guitar through YouTube. I started Vine for fun. Then after I posted a Justin Bieber cover it went viral. I was then in a tour called Magcon which stands for Meet and Greet Convention. Then Island Records discovered me. I signed the label and I went on tour with Taylor Swift. Now I'm on my own tour. I got a tattoo and I graduated high school this year. And I'm turning 18 next month."

"Wow. Sounds like a lit life," Sara said and we laughed.

We were back at the theatre and I see Anna, Michael and Sara eat on the edge of the stage. I walked to them.

"Mind if I join you?" I asked.

"Not at all man," Michael answered.

"Thanks." I sat by Anna. And Anna took snapchats of us.

"So Shawn," Michael started. "You talking to anyone?"

"No." I bit my burger.

"What about that Fifth Harmony girl? I've seen that on the news and on the magazines?" Sara asked.

"Oh. Camila. No. We're just friends. Nothing more or nothing less."

"Are you sure," Anna asked and winked.

"Yeah. Besides I can't have a long distance relationship while I'm on tour and I just think it's too much responsibility."

"I'd think the same. But I'm not famous," Sara said and leaned her head on Michael's shoulder.

"So how did you two exactly meet?" I asked Sara and Michael.

"Oh. It's cliche. We pumped into each other. I was running late to my class which I had the senior exam," Sara said. "Michael got all my papers and books stacked. Though they were not in order I still got to my class on time. He found me and apologised and he asked me out for coffee," Sara said. "We were friends for a few months and then Michael asked me out."

We talked about books and movies and singing and then we did sound check again and then it got dark.