22. Fashion

I was on a violet velvet carpet. I was wearing a gridded white dress with black strips from my previous fashion line called Gridded and a light pink warm coat named Pink.

I was a designer. It had been two months since the accident. I was in the hospital for about two more weeks and then I went away with Shawn.

I was with Shawn and my best friend, Lukas Abbat, in the violet velvet carpet.

A reporter came up to me and so did other reporters. Lukas went with some other reporters and Shawn and I were holding hands.

"How did the accident happen?"

"I was off to see my friend in Miami and I landed safely and when I was in my uber it wasn't even 20 minutes that the crash happened. A trailer got hit or something and it flipped the uber. The uber driver died but I had my backpack in front of my stomach and it 'cushioned' my fall."

"Shawn you ended tour and-"

"And those places I missed I will come twice in my next tour. I will make the people that paid for the first time not pay. They just need to have the old ticket for the first concert. If they want to come to the second one they have to pay."

"That's great for the fans." The woman with a black bob haircut said. "So do you think you'll get married?"

"Um?" Shawn and I said in unison and looked at each other.

"We're in our early twenties we don't think of that at this age," I nervously laughed and I led Shawn down the carpet and we posed and kissed and hugged and talked a little until we went into a building that some models were going to wear my work. A new line called Brunette.

I was in the front row seats with Shawn and he sat to my right and my legs were crossed and I was tapping my foot. I was nervous because this is my first show with Shawn. I didn't really show him my work. But my everyday clothing was alike my work. I just want him to like it. He placed his hand on my knee.

"It'll go fine," he reassured me and I touched his hand. And took it and kissed it and smiled and then he did the same.

The lights went off and the first girl was up. She was African and her hair was straight down and she had one of my personal favourite works.

They were playing Frank Ocean music

People clapped and Shawn and I followed suit.

5 HOURS LATER

I was on stage with a microphone.

"Hello. I'm Sara Lopez for those of you that are like, 'who designed these masterpieces?' Well that's me. Sara with no 'H'. Um. I've been working with this line for about a year and a half now. And what I'm wearing was from my work of lines called Graphic. Anyways. I'd like to thank my boyfriend Shawn Mendes," I waved my hand at him and people clapped and he laughed," he was an inspiration to me because he himself has great fashion," I laughed and so did everyone and Shawn. "Um? So thank you to the models and the people out back that made this fashion show happen and of course thank you for also making this happen. I am grateful that everyone took their time to come and see my show. There is an after party. It's held in Metropol Banquet." People whispered. Probably because it's the most expensive venue in all of Los Angeles. "And that's all. Thanks for coming. Hope to see you in the after party."