6 + we can't all be perfect

"I've got to go to work."

Six words to make me wanna pout. But, Chris isn't my daddy and I can't keep him home- even if it's icky outside,- so, of course I just nodded, playing with my hair habitually and keeping my mouth shut.

Chris must be really observant, because he picked right up on my little tells. "You can call or text me if you do need anything, though, okay?" He said gently. Gosh, for a demon he's really sweet..

I nodded a bit, looking up at him. "Okay.." I said softly. I've gotta toughen up- what's so hard about being home all by myself all day? It's not like I'm doing anything I wouldn't already do.

After briefly going over phone numbers and work numbers if he didn't pick up his cellphone, Chris headed out, and I sat down on the couch, curling up with my stuffie and a blanket.

I heard the rain outside pick up, and I shifted around uncomfortably. I like rain, but thunder scares me sometimes..

I hugged my stuffie tight, pulling my knees up to my chest and humming quietly. I hated myself for even thinking it, but I missed home.

Not Andy- just.. home.

Grabbing the remote from off of the coffee table, I flicked the television on and curled up yet again. Settling on Courage The Cowardly Dog, I hugged my stuffie.

Creepy cartoons are always a good idea.

Except for when it's stormy and you're scared out of your mind, along with being homesick and lonely.

Come to think of it, I'm kind of hungry. But I can't just run out in the storm and find someone to bite- I do have manners..

I guess I'll just have to deal with it..

. . .

The clicking of the door opening woke me up, and I sat bolt upright. I almost let an excited squeak of 'daddy!' slip, but I caught myself upon remembering that Chris wasn't my boyfriend.

I slumped back down and glanced at the tv.

'Perfect,' the episode playing- that was my favourite episode, just because it's pretty much been deemed as the creepiest episode of Courage The Cowardly Dog for obvious reasons. Of course, every episode of Courage is creepy, and that's why it's my favourite.

I held my stuffie close, just pouting and listening to the television, which was coming out a little fuzzy because of the weather.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are, Courage. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything you want to do."

I was grumpy- only cause I'm still sort of hungry,- but we can't all be perfect, now can we? I don't really want to be a pain in the butt and ask Chris for blood- he's already doing so much for me.

"Something wrong, Ryan?" Chris said as he slid his jacket off of his shoulders and hung it up on the hook on the front door.

"I-.." I trailed off, twirling my hair a little.

All of a sudden, the grumpiness dulled and it was replaced with- I dunno,- sadness.. I just miss home, and I really want blood, and Chris is being so nice and I don't know why but it's new and a little scary and I don't want to bug him.

So of course I just started crying..

A/N: i added the clip from 'perfect' along with that cute pic of ryan~! also, yo, sorry this is short, i've been a little out of it w/ this but i dig writing it so don't worry, my dudes, it's not going anywhere. side note, any CtCD fans? i miss that show. cartoons now are so shittyyyy. my faves were Courage The Cowardly Dog, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Invader Zim, Gargoyles and of course, fucking Johnny Bravo!
xxhørrør