10 + strange and unusual

A/N: okay so i had to go back and recheck something and whilst doing that i did realize that yeaaaah chris already knew about ryan etc so i made a little mistake. oops. oh well..? you guys get the point, whatever.
. . .

Chris sent a smile my way as he got off of the phone. "Ryan said she only has one appointment scheduled for tomorrow, and she'd be happy to look after you while I'm at work. She said Josh could do with a new friend, anyway." He told me.

I beamed, giggling happily and hugging my stuffie. I should really work on a name.. "Tomorrow?" I said sweetly and he nodded. "Mhmm." Chris nodded. "I'm going in to work a little late, so I'll drop you off at the shop around 10:30. Okay?" He said, and I nodded a joyful yes. I'm really excited. And a little scared..

Well. I'm only human. Scratch that- I'm only vampire-.. Same thing.. Close enough, I think..?

x x x

I held on to Chris's arm maybe a little too tightly as we approached the glass doors of a shop called 'The Strange And Unusual.'

I'm still nervous, but I think my excitement outweighs it by a little. Chris walked me into the shop, the little bell above the door ringing as we walked in. It was cold, but it was colder outside by no more than sliver.

We were greeted by a silver haired woman with more tattoos than I could count on both hands. Her heels made her even taller. She was really pretty, though. I still had to look up to meet her light blue eyes. Ryan-Ashley, I decided.

"You must be Ryan," She smiled warmly, and I nodded a little, sticking my hand out to shake. Habit, I guess. She shook my hand, and I relaxed a bit knowing I wasn't already making a fool out of myself.

"I'll pick him up at around four, if that's okay with you?" Chris spoke up, squeezing my shoulder gently. "Of course," Ryan-Ashley replied. Chris nodded and handed her a bag of what I'm going to assume was blood. "I don't know when he'll need that, but if he needs more, I've got a break at one-ish." He explained.

Ryan-Ashley nodded and tucked some hair behind her ears, which were pointed. She must be an elf, or maybe a fairy.. "Refrigerator, I assume?" She asked. "Yep," Chris said.

After exchanging our goodbyes, I gave Chris a hug and waved at him as he left, disappearing off down the sidewalk to find where we had parked the car. I held my stuffie to my chest, looking up at Ryan-Ashley when she spoke again.

"I'll go put this in the fridge, and then I'll see where Josh is. I think he was just watching cartoons, but he's snoopy sometimes, so-"

"I'm not snoopy," Someone blurted from behind the counter, peeking up over it with a pout. "It was one time an' I di'n'it even do'et on purpose," He whined.

Ryan-Ashley just smiled to herself. "That's Josh," She said before heading off, probably to the kitchen. I couldn't help but giggle; I liked him already. He's good at sneaking, sort of.

Deciding to be brave, I took a step forward toward the counter. "My name's Ryan," I said shyly.

Josh's blue eyes were locked on me for a minute before he smiled and stood up. Crouching down isn't comfy; I get it. "Josh.." He replied, gnawing at his lip lightly. "Y'wanna go watch Invader Zim wif me?" He asked, and my eyes lit up.

"Mhm," I nodded, and just like that, we headed upstairs. We're gonna be great friends, I think.