25 + apology

Someone tapped my shoulder, and I sniffled, looking up. I had to do a double take, cause at first glance, this guy looked like Daddy. His eyes were red, though, not like Daddy's coal black eyes. I was a little scared at first, but I noticed Ricky jogging in our direction from somewhere down the sidewalk a little ways.

When Ricky got to where we were, he hunched over a bit, hands on his knees. He must have been running for awhile if he was so out of breath. "Hey-" He said with a slight frown, rubbing his eyes. He was soaked from the rain too, as well as the other guy. "Mike didn't scare you, did he?" He asked.

I shook my head slowly, sniffling. Ricky crouched down in front of me, gently grabbing my hands and tilting my head back a bit to look at my jaw. "You're pretty banged up, huh?" He said quietly. "You shouldn't be out here.. It's cold as fuck," He said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry," I said miserably. Ricky shook his head. "Don't worry about it, just.. You had Chris really worried," He said, standing up. "Do you mind if Mike picks you up? He's not as scary as he looks," He said.

At this point, I didn't care much about anything. So I just nodded a bit, wrapping my arms around Mike's neck when he picked me up. He was still warm in spite of being soaking wet.

"Is Daddy mad at me..?" I asked softly, my lower lip wobbling a bit, tears stinging my eyes.

"Not mad," Mike said. He had a quiet voice. "Just worried." He added, going quiet again. Ricky pinched the bridge of his nose as he walked. "He'll be okay, just.. He called me when he was out looking for you, and I said I'd help out, and I kinda just dragged Mike along cause it's easier to cover ground like that," He explained. "He checked with Ryan-Ashley to see if that's where you went. None of us really figured you'd have come out this far- so it's lucky I asked Mike. He's a werewolf, so you can kinda figure, y'know," Ricky shrugged.

"It wasn't difficult." Mike blanked. "You smell like soap and peppermint." He said simply, and his overly serious tone actually earned a giggle from me in spite of crying like a bitch.

"My place is closest, so we'll go there, get you all cleaned up.. I'll call Chris, okay?" Ricky told me, and I nodded, tired. Exhausted, rather.

"Okay.. I wanna apologize.." I sniffled.

. . .

Ricky was on the phone with Daddy in the other room. He had helped me with the glass, and he bandaged up my hands and feet for me.

I was still stuck in icky wet clothes, though, which wasn't the best. Mike gave me his sweatshirt to wear, so I peeled my wet t-shirt off and slipped his hoodie on, thanking him softly.

He reminded me of Daddy, so I guess that's why I was sort of comfortable.

He fetched a towel, handing it to me to dry my hair off with. We just sat quietly, and eventually, Ricky wandered back in. "Chris said he'd be right over," He told me, and I nodded a bit. I was gonna suck up to Daddy, of course, but I was gonna apologize, too, because I was really awful, I think, and I didn't wanna make Daddy sad.