11 + popcorn

A/N: yo sorry for all the author's notes. but anyway. i was wondering if you guys would be interested in a michael vampire/kuza fic on my other account? there aren't many fics of them and blah.. mike would be a little less, ah, intimidating, and a lot more shy etc (probably a neko but i dunno. haven't decided on a plot) but i just wanted to get some opinions on that q: also, here's a weird question: if you were a cannibal, and you had to get a limb amputated, would you or would you not steal and eat your own severed limb? i'm just curious.

. . .

I giggled a bit, watching Josh from where I sat on the tiled floor of the kitchen. He was trying pretty hard, but he was just a little too short to reach what he was going for, which happened to be a jar of popcorn seeds. His tongue was poking out a little, eyes narrowed and black with determination.

"Wha'da 'bout'a stool?" I suggested over the strings of my hoodie. I had been chewing on them yet again. "But all da stools are downstaiws, and I don' wanna bug mommy. She's working righ' now.." Josh noted. "I can prolly get it." He said. I just giggled. "If yew say so." I said. After at least another five minutes of struggling, Josh eventually did run off to get a stool to use.

We got a pot out, not bothering with getting a lid. That wasn't the best idea, though..

Within  few minutes, we had the stove on and Josh poured some of the popcorn seeds into the pot. Still, we didn't put a lid on the pot, because we were too busy with the conversation we were having.

Things went downhill pretty quick, though, when we had popcorn flying all over the kitchen. This, my friends, is why you have to put the lid on when you make popcorn.

"Oh gosh, oh gosh-" Josh whined, scampering to put the lid down over the pot. At least half of our popcorn was all over the kitchen by then, though.

He bit his lip, pouting a little and tugging the sweater he wore down all the way to his knees. A nervous habit, I assume. I do the same thing when I'm nervous.

I bit my lip and tugged his sleeve lightly. "S'okay, we can clean it up.." I say.

Before Josh could answer, the two of us could hear the clicking of Ryan-Ashley's heels as she scurried up the stairs. She probably heard all the noise. She gasped a bit when she got to the doorway of the kitchen. "What happened?" She asked.

Josh hid behind me a bit, not saying anything for a moment.

"Josh, what happened? I wont be angry, but you know lying is wrong; so I just want the truth.." She said. Gosh, is she patient. Andy would have been really mad at me by now, and even more angry in the hesitation to give an answer.

Biting his lip, Josh's eyes slowly faded back to their light blue colour. "We kinda sorta maybe prolly forgot to put the lid on the pot, an' we got popcorn all over the place," He explained, playing with his fingers a bit.

She nodded a bit, walking over with a sigh and kissing the top of his head. "Alright.. Accidents happen, I suppose.. Why don't you take Ryan and go wait in the living room while I clean this up?" She said gently.

"What 'bout your work, mommy?" Josh asked with a slight pout, a guilty look in his eyes. She shook her head and kissed his cheek. "I just got done. Don't worry about it.." She said, and Josh and I both smiled a little.

Josh hugged her tight before gently grabbing my free hand, leading me off back to the living room. He's really lucky to have someone so nice. I wish Andy had been that nice to me.. I'm glad I sort of have Chris now, though. Even if he isn't my daddy.