Chapter 1

Nadine's POV

"It's all clear, you're free to go" the police officer told me, my older brother from another father patted my back.

"Nadine, let's go home" he said in a calm but soothing voice

I nodded. "Yes, Larry. We need to go home"

On Larry's car, I can't help myself from crying as I look at my hands that's still covered in blood. The blood of the person I killed because of self defense, the blood of my own father.

"Calm down Nadine. It's over. I'll help you move on" he said

"It wont sink in, everything......everything that happened a while ago...it was....it was absurd!" I said my voice cracks up in between sobs.

"Calm down, we'll start over. I'll help you. I'm here" Larry told me

Too much crying made me fell asleep, I was just awoken by the barks of the dogs in the neighborhood where my brother, Larry rented a small house which he is currently staying.

"We're here" he said, I immediately removed my seatbelt and followed him inside the house.

We went straight to the kitchen, I immediately washed my hands, trying my best to remove all the blood stains that covered them.

"Come here" Larry said, I immediately come to where he is sitting. 

Larry Wilson is my older brother from another father. My mom got pregnant with him during her College days. Everything went well for their "family" until Mr. Wilson, Larry's father fell out of love with my mom thus leaving her broken hearted for a few years, that is until my mom met my father.

Larry is 5 years older than me, he has the same tan skin and brown eyes like mine. We both inherited this look from our mother, we're native Americans.

Right now, he's wearing a gray long sleeved polo shirt, the first 3 buttons were unbuttoned, he matches this  with dark blue maong pants and Nike LeBron 10 Elite.

"Does it hurt?" he asked, he's holding a small ziplock bag filled with ice cubes since he don't have any cold compress in this apartment that he's staying. He gently presses this ziplock bag unto my forehead where bruises are visible.

I nodded, "But it's bearable" 

"I have plans" he said, I looked at him, waiting for the next words to come out of his mouth. "Since you'll not be convicted of murder, we have to move to another place, far away from here. Let's move out of this small town, we'll move to the place where our future is bright, New York"

"Sure thing, I'll come with you, anywhere" I answered

Although I was hesitant about my brother's plans, I just have to agree with him. He is the only family I have left.

And one more thing, I'm secretly and deeply infatuated with Larry.

Yes, Larry Wilson, my older brother from another father. I really don't know when and how it all started but I just woke up one day and all I've been longing is for Larry to be with me always.

"Change your clothes, go to sleep, rest well. I'm going to make sure that tomorrow we'll be heading to New York." he said

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, he nodded in response. "Can you sleep with me tonight? I just wanted to feel safe, please?

"Sure" he answered

And now here I am, wrapped in my brother's arm, I can feel his breathing close to my neck. I feel safe with him. I don't know how this infatuation with him will last, but as long as it still here, I'll make sure to keep him close to mine. That's the territorial side of me.