Chapter 9

Nadine's POV

"You're a trouble magnet" the way this words echo through my mind seems like a nightmare that is haunting me down. Jeremy's words keep echoing inside my mind.

It irritates me, honestly. Somebody who doesn't know anything about me will judge me that easily, just, wow.

But what irritates me the most is the fact that he might be true, that I'm a trouble magnet. 

My parents owned a flower shop back in our hometown in Cleveland, they are profiting well from it. Until financial problems struck us because of my illness, I was sick with dengue during my freshman year in high school and then I needed a blood transfusion wich is expensive. 

I became well again after the blood transfusion, but we are in debt. And that's the start of the agonizing pain of living in a household where both of your parents are fighting all the time, it was the downfall of it all.

Until the night happened where...........my father killed my mother, and after some circumstances, I've killed him, self defense it is.

Oh, let's just forget about the past.

And now, it seems like I've been attracting trouble to the people around me. Hence, this car problems.

I went out of the car to join the driver in checking the car's engines. I don't know anything about this kind of things but I can't bear to stay inside the car with Jeremy, it's suffocating.

"Can this problem be fixed?" I asked the driver

"Yes, we just need tools, and I'm afraid the tools I needed aren't available" he answered

"We also got flat tire" Jeremy interrupted

"Where?" asked the driver

"The one at the back, right side" he answered. "I've been trying to contact the crew, especially my friend's number, but the signal keeps on losing"

"Damn, my phone battery's dead" I said

"Talking about a major bad luck" Jeremy said

"You guys stay here for a while, I'll walk for a few meters and let's see if I can ask for help" the driver said

"I'll come with you" Jeremy said

"What? You guys gonna leave me here all alone?" I protested. "I'll come with you, too"

"Ok fine, I don't want to leave this car all alone in here, cause my boss gonna kill me. Why don't you two just stay here and let me handle this ok? Now I'll go" he said as he walked away

Jeremy entered the front seat of the car and decided to just play on his phone. The nerve! He knows that we're in an area that is far from civilization and we need our phones for contact but then he decided to play with it, is he even thinking?

Just then I immediately went towards him and grab his phone.

"What the? What the hell's your problem?" he said as he is trying to get his phone back

"We need our phones for contact! Mine's dead and yours is the only one's that's working fine, don't waste your phone's battery over nonsense things" I said

"Woah calm down, I still have two other phones" he said then took out two other iphones from his pockets. "See? It's just that all of my phones doesn't have signals"

"Fine" I said as I hand him his phone

"You look cute when you're angry, I prefer it than your drunk attitude" he said