Chapter 4

Nadine's POV

I woke up feeling tired but excited.

Yes, I'm excited for my debut at the New York Fashion Week, although I'm not yet 100% sure if I want this modelling thing as a career path, but I just want to enjoy the moment. Enjoy the things while they're still there, cause nothing's worthwhile.

"Good morning, pretty" Ashley greeted me as I'm having my light breakfast at the living room, yes I prefer eating in front of the television instead of chatting around with Larry's other models who live with us, I don't wanna be friends with them.

Besides, I know they're only here for a short period of time, so no need for me to get attached with these ladies. They mind their own shit and I'll mind my own.

"Good morning" I greeted her back, my eyes are still focused on the television.

"Fond of the NBA games?" Ashley asked me as she sat beside me, I offered her a bowl of healthy cereal snacks. "Thanks" she said as she raised the bowl of cereals.

"NP" I said then grabbed a glass of water. "There's just nothing interesting to watch, so I decided to tune into NBA TV, it's the off season so all they have are previews and replays of other games" 

"I see, you know, you can gain more publicity if you go and watch a game live, I mean go to MSG, watch the game and people will know you" Ashley added

"Or maybe, date a player" Larry shouted from the dining room, I bet he heard our conversation

"That's not part of my contract, Larry!" I shouted back at him

"We can add it, then!" he shouted back

I rolled my eyes, I swear all these publicty shits might be the things I'll regret the most in the future, somehow. Ugh, I don't understand!

"Ok, enough with that" Larry said as he walks towards us, he clapped his hands, "Models, ya'all should go to the photo shoot now, and Nadine, we still have to do the rehearsal thing, let's get to work, come on!"

Larry's fashion team joined Ashley and I in the living room soon after Larry's other models left.

"So, where do we start?" I asked

"We just have to work with your walk, you're going to have 3 outfits" Larry said

"And we brought different types of shoes for you to practice with, cause they'll surely give you different types of shoes that will match your outfits" Robert said

"And don't worry, I'll give you some final lessons on applying make up, they might hire some make up artists there, but it's only you who can define what's the best for your face" Daisy added

"So, let's get ready" Ashley said, holding the pairs of heels I need to wear for this quick, last minute rehearsal

"Good, let's go!" Larry said

My look for this morning is just simple, I put my hair into a clean bun, I'm wearing a slightly oversized shirt and dar blue cropped pants, and as Larry defined it, my look was "Ok and improving" compared to the way I dressed before which consist mostly of shirt and jeans, which the fashion team described as "Blah"

We proceeded with the make up tutorials of Daisy. We tried different types of make up for different occassions. Since during the fashion week fashion show they will feature clothings designed for different occassions, I also need to work on my proper make up for the outfits.

"So, what about my hairdo?" I asked Daisy

"They'll have someone in charge for that" Daisy answered