Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

Brianna's P.O.V.

I woke up late the next morning to discover that Harry was already awake. There was a chill in the air, forcing me to wrap the blanket tighter around my body.

"Oh my God!" I teased.

"What?" he asked, his dark figure moving across the room.

"You're awake," I began. "Are you feeling alright?" I joked as I stood up and put a hand to my lips in a gasping motion.

"I don't wake up that late," he argued.

"Yes you do."

His feet shuffled across the floor until he was inches away from me. I bit my lip, studying his actions carefully.

"We're going out for dinner tonight," he breathed.

My words got stuck in my throat and I could only manage a nod. His forehead brushed against mine, leaving only a small space between us.

He's going to kiss me again. I wasn't sure if I wanted that. My feelings for him were still unclear.

Before I could process what I was doing, I was walking away, my back turned to a speechless Harry.

"When?" I stood in the middle of the room as my eyes squeezed shut.

"Two hours," he replied slowly. He sounded less confident this time and I wondered if he interpreted me walking away as rejection.

I nodded again and continued walking, this time traveling to the bathroom.

I got ready at a slow pace, causing Harry to knock on the door several times to see if I was ready yet and once to hand me something to wear. He said he bought it for me the other day when I was out with Niall. I ran my fingers over the silky fabric of the dress.

"Thank you so much." I wrapped my arms around his muscular body and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck, squeezing him tightly.

I shut the door, then slipped into the dress to find that it was strapless with a low neckline. It was tight around my chest, cutting off at about mid-waist and cascading into a skirt that ended just above my knees. I tried to grab the zipper at the back, but it was out of reach. I barely hesitated to open the door and ask Harry for assistance.

"Can you zip me up?" I blushed, turning around for him. I held the front of the dress up, knowing if I didn't, it would fall down.

"Yeah, sure," he agreed as he came up behind me.

I felt his hand make contact with my fully exposed back. He pulled the zipper upwards slower than needed. I knew he was probably trying to taunt me, but that didn't stop my cheeks from rapidly gaining warmth. His chest was against me, which also didn't help.

Once he was finished, I dropped my hand to my side and spun around.

"Well?" I bit my lip after a few seconds of silence.

"Woah," Harry exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes at his reaction. The blush still hadn't left my cheeks and I hoped he didn't notice.

"What colour is it?" I changed the subject faster than usual, making it extremely obvious that I got nervous when he expressed those types of feelings. I mentally scolded myself for looking like an idiot. Maybe it wasn't too late to run back to the bathroom and never come out.

"Mmm, red."

I nodded in relief.

"Almost as red as your cheeks," he said. I could practically see the smirk plastered on his face.