Chapter 19

Dedicated to @Harrys_Suede_Shoes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19:

Harry's P.O.V.

"Have you tried calling her?" Amelia asked.

"Yeah," I admitted.

"Can I ask you a question?" She looked up at me with curious eyes and smirked.

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?" She chuckled and I glanced down at my bare chest.

"I forgot to put one on." I grinned sheepishly, laughing along with her.

She shook her head at me as we turned around another corner.

"So what brings you to this lovely hospital?" she asked sarcastically, clearly showing her disgust for the place. I didn't know so much hate could fill the eyes of someone so young. I didn't blame her though; I hated hospitals too. I imagined she must have her own reason for hating them.

"My friend got sent here a while ago," I began. "Louis is his name."

"Is that who we're looking for?" she questioned.

"No," I told her, a pain piercing my chest. "He's in a coma. We're looking for Brianna, my other friend. Why are you here?"

"My sister is here. I'm not really sure what's wrong with her, my parents don't seem to want to tell me. They just cry all the time." she shrugged it off like it was no big deal. Something tells me she had to mature way too quickly.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

"Ten," she answered, confirming my previous suspicion. "You?"

"Nineteen."

She didn't respond. Instead she nodded and pointed down an unfamiliar hallway.

"That's the only part we haven't been," she stated.

Most of the lights in the hallway were burnt out or flickering, giving the space a mysterious atmosphere.

After searching with no luck I asked Amelia to show me the way back to Louis' room.

"I just don't understand where she went." I sighed as we arrived at the door.

"Thank you for the help. I will see you around." I gave Amelia a thankful smile before turning away towards the door.

"Goodbye Harry!" She waved and ran in the other direction, disappearing from my sight as if she had never been there in the first place.

I pushed on the door to discover that it was locked. "Oh come on!" I groaned impatiently.

I kicked the door repeatedly with no expectation of success. I barely stopped myself from kicking the person on the other side when the door swung open.

"What's with all the noise?" Brianna's eyebrows narrowed and her head tilted to the side.

She was dressed in all black from head to toe. The top was all lace and the sleeves were three-quarter length. Her black jeans were attractively tight and the rolled-up cuffs didn't quite reach her ankles. A pair of black sandals rested on her feet. I couldn't deny how good she looked.

"Where were you?" I asked, ignoring her question.

"Well I-"

"You couldn't even have called? I was worried Brianna."