Part 1

A man was standing facing a portrait then an old lady comes there and switch on the light

old lady: maan

m: dadima what are you doing here its too late dadi you have to sleep.

d: that is what i am also saying maan its too late even you have to sleep, anyway i just came here to tell you that your geet is coming back maan your wait is going to end.

m: (with twinkling eyes) are you saying truth dadima really geet is coming back?

d: yes dear

but soon maan's happiness changed to sorrow thinking how he hurt her but dadi put her hands on his shoulder saying as if i know your trauma and said him not to think much and asked him to sleep.

maan went near the portrait and caressed it saying

m: jaan i am waiting for you to return its been 2 years and 6 months almost that i haven't seen you i know that i have hurt you the most with my words. see me mein kitna unlucky hoon i have realized your importance and your love for me only when i lost you, please forgive me . saying this maan went to bed thinking about the past.

past( nearly 3 years back)

a girl in her early twenties was travelling on her bike at ten in a lonely place away from city, actually she is returning back after meeting the little kids in the orphanage while crossing a street she saw a few drunken men there but she isn't afraid seeing them and continued her driving but due to her bad luck her pyari bike ditched her stopping abruptly and seeing a beautiful girl those men approached her and tried to touch her but she escaped them and started running as they are not one or two to handle while running she came across a car and the driver pulled the breaks in time and stopped before he hurt her. he was so angry and about to give her a piece of mind and then he saw the men chasing her and understood the situation and helped her by fighting with him and when one among those men escaped that man and try to touch the girl she kicked there where it hurt the most and the person collapsed on the road crying with pain, the man who saved her was surprised to see her bold avtar and was quite impressed.

man: hi i am maan, maan singh khurana.

girl: hi geet, geet handa.

m: if you don't mind i can drop you where you want to go as you cant get any transport from here.

g: are you trying to take the advantage of the situation mr.

m: its completely your choice ms to come or not. and sat in his car and geet too followed him and sat beside him.

m: by the way can i know what r u doing here at this time.

g: oh actually i came here to visit the children in orphanage and there is a birthday celebration was going on of my little friend kartik and i couldn't say no to him and i didn't realize the time when i realized i started back to my hostel and while going my bike ditched me which i left there (talking to herself looking up babaji plz meri bike ki raksha karna mein kal subha jake leloongi)

maan was quite surprised with her talking that much and it was a limit she is asking god to take care of her bike he thought she was a unique piece

g: and where was i yeah when my bike ditched these men came there and rest all you know.

maan sighed a relief as she stopped her bak-bak. but his relief was shorted lived as she again started saying her belonging to Mumbai and came to delhi to complete her studies and everything and nothing and maan was like mein iss ki help kyun ki and at last shouted

m: chup bilkul chup ek shabd bhi nahi till we reach your hostel.

g: meekly ok

maan felt bad for shouting on her and wanted to apologize but think against it as she was a stranger and he maan singh khurana never apologized and will never and moreover if he apologized she will again start her bak bak. later he dropped her at her hostel.

g: thank you so much maan and sorry to trouble you.

m: its ok geet actually i am sorry to shout at you ( inner voice maan y did you apologies to her, he was confused at his behavior)

g: its k. then bye good night maan saying this she moved towards her hostel.

as days moved on geet became busy with her studies and friends and maan with his work and gf ( sam) .

1 month later:

d: maan i want you to meet a girl whom your dadaji wanted you to get married , it was his last wish so please maan meet her once.

m: dadima plz you know i love sam then why are you doing this dadima and i also know you don't like sam .

d: yes bete i don't like that girl as i don't get good feeling seeing her and also feel that she is behind your money and don't love you. any way end of discussion and you are meeting her today and i don't want any excuses saying this dadi went away giving him the address of the girl he have to meet.

maan tried calling sam but she remained unavailable as she is busy in her shoot as she is a model. he was very frustrated with the happenings and went to get ready as he want to meet the girl and say no to her.

maan was standing in front of the address given by his dadi it is a hostel which looked familiar to him he went inside and told the receptionist to call the girl geet handa seeing the name in the paper with him he remembered her and thought he was going to meet that bak-bak queen and groaned .

there geet came down in a baby pink suit with pony looking cute to meet the prospective groom who came to meet her.

g: maan ? what r u doing here.

m: well its our parents who wanted us to meet.

then the realization dawned to her that he is the one who came to meet her. she took him to the lawn where they sat on the bench and geet started

g: omg , i cant believe it anyway maan i want a favor from you i want you to say no to this marriage.

m: i will come straight to the point geet even i don't want this marriage as i have a gf whom i love and want to get settled down with her but my dadi was adamant on getting me married to you and i am not in a position to say no to my dadi as her health is not good and cant even marry my gf now as she is busy with her career.

g: hmm i want to complete my masters and want to takeover my father's business maan so even i cant marry now at same time i cant say no to my family who are equally as adamant as dadima.

m: dadima??

g: yours, i know her since childhood as your dadi and dadaji used to come to our home as your dadaji and mine are best friends.

m: oh.

g: maan idea.

m: what????

g: we will say our family that we need time to decide about each other and can avoid them for some time till then your gf will be back and i can complete my studies here and then i will be flying to abroad for further studies as i have my scholarship.

m: great idea we also no need to hurt our families.

g: geet is always a problem solver. anyway friends?

m: smiling at her shook hands with her and repeated friends.

precape: bonding of a great relation i.e friendship and parting away.