Chapter One

"Bet you can't catch me Silverkit!" came the call from above Silverkit's head.

"Thats not fair!" Silverkit cried, "I can't climb."

"Then you'll never get me!" came the triumphant return.

Silverkit sighed, but then a voice called, "Silverkit? Mistykit? Are those your names?"

Silverkit span around and saw a kit, a bit larger than she, with black eyes and a orange a brown body.

"Are those your names?" that strange cat repeated.

"And what if they are," Mistykit yowled.

"The cat only said, "I've seen you in my dreams," when Mistykit fell out of the tree into the roaring river.

Silverkit dahsed to the riverbank and yowled Mistykit's name. The strange cat joined in and did the same.

Mistykit's head broke the surface and she marched on shore pointly, her whiskers streaming water.

She marched right past Silverkit and demanded, "Who are you?" she said to the cat, who was at least as large as an apprentince.

She dipped her muzzle and said, "I am Dawn, and my parents are Susan and Jacque." Silverkit and Mistykit caught each others eye.

"Susan and Jacque!" they said together.

Dawn looked confused, "Do you know them?" She asked.

Mistykit leaned against the tree trunk, gasping, "No, and I hope I never!"

Silverkit said, "Their the worst enemies the Clans have ever encountered!"

Dawn looked at the river, saying, "That's the reason I ran away from them! And because I want to join your clan."

Silverkit and Mistykit were so quiet you could quiet, you could almost hear the fish gliding beneath the water. After a long, tense silence, Mistykit decided the fact that "We better take you to Flamestar."

Stepping into the RiverClan camp, Dawn felt a buzz of energy. Cats were swarming all over the place. Dawn tested the air and breathed a musky, fishy scent. Not sharp and bitter like the cats in the pine forest, but warm and welcoming.

A flame-colored she-cat separated from the rest and headed towards them, eyes flashing. One look at her blue eyes and wiry body, Dawn knew that this was their mother.

Silverkit ducked her head and Mistypaw scuffed the ground with her paw, neither looking into her blue eyes.

"Where have you been?" She commanded, "The whole clans been looking for you!"

"We went outside camp Softwing," Mistypaw explained earnestly.

"I know that dear," saying it as she was running out of patience, " but who is this?" She asked, gesturing to Dawn with a sweep of her tail.

Dawn held her breath then said, "I'm Dawn, and I want to join your clan."

Softwing looked at her with a now sense of purpose. Love, Joy, axiety? But Dawn couldn't place it.

After a minute, Softwing replied, "Follow me."

Silverkit and Mistykit ran ahead, allowing Dawn to catch up with them. Softwing led the kits over to a flame pelt.

She stopped and said, "Flamestar, I need to talk to you."

Flamestar turned around and a mask of blood covered his face and his tears were stained with it also.

Dawn and the others shrieked and hid in a den, watching out nervously as they talked, but not within earshot.

Dawn watched as he turned into a ball of fire, racing up a ledge and calling, "Let all cats gather beneath the highledge for a Clan meeting!"

Silverkit and Mistykit towed Dawn out of the den and through the other cats, who had appeared out of nowhere. They shouldered and weaved through them, and finally placed Dawn in the middle of the clearing.

Dawn looked around uncertainly, when Flamestar proclaimed, "Today, two of out," he paused, "adventrous kit found a lonor named Dawn. Dawn wants to join RiverClan. Are there any objections? Then Dawn, from now on you shall be known as Dawnkit. Softening has agreed to mother her and now Dawnkit is your clanmate.

Dawn kit was mobbed in the rushing cats that ran to her. After several, "Welcome to RiveClan," Silverkit and Mistykit pulled her to the nursery were three other kits were slapped on the moss in a pile. Silverkit and Mistykit pressed their bellies to the ground and Mistykit whispered, "Watch this!"

She and Silverkit motioned for her to follow. Dawnkit pressed herself to the ground and carefully stepped forward.

Dawnkit caught Silverkit's eye and they all counted silently. Seathing her claws, Dawnkit pounced on the brown tabby tom. Silverkit rolled over another tabby with markings on his face. And Mistykit leapt onto a she-cat that looked like herself.

The toms eyes flew open when Dawnkit landed on him and hissed, when he realized that he had never seen Dawnkit before.

"ShadowClan is attacking!" he screeched, jumping from her grip, "ShadowClan in the nursery."

Dawnkit heard paws outside and scampered into some moss, terrified that they would hurt her.

"Where are they?" came a serious voice.

Dawnkit peeked over the moss and saw an unfamiliar cat heading towards her with the kit pointing an accusing claw in her direction with Silverkit and Mistykit pacing beside him.

Dawnkit shrank beneath the moss but the strange cat picked her up in front of the tabby.

The tabby's eyes were wild and his ears were back as he said, "It's a ShadowClan cat!"

The cat dropped Dawnkit and sighed, "Troutkit, this is Dawnkit. She just became part of the clan while you were sleeping."

Troutkit whined, "Pinewater..." But Pinewater cut him off and stalked out of the den calling, "There is no ShadowClan cat. Troutkit just freaked out."

There was some grumbling at the but soon it was quiet agin, as the kits stood still, in a deep silence.

Dawnkit was surprised when the brown she-kit intruduced herself as Rushkit, Silverkit's and Mistykit's sister and as Dawnkit thought, My sisters!

The brown tabby with markings was Bramblekit and her apoligizing for his brother Troutkit was fish-brained, Bramblepkit had said.

Comment your favorite/cringiest part down in the comments!