Chapter Eighteen

Dawnpaw fished up her meal and padded towards Rushpaw to share tongues. As Rushpaw was telling Sanwpaw about the gathering last moon, Icepelt dashed through the camp entrance and sprung on to the highledge.

Carpelt screeched angerly, "Get down from there! Your not are leader!"

And all around, cats gathered at the base, staring up with wide, eyaw eyes!

Rushpaw said "Lets of see whats happening!", as she dashed off!

Dawnpaw went slowly to the camp entrance where Tanglebrooke and Curlfeather where carrying a shape. The shape was Flame-colored.

Iceleap yowled, "Quiet, Flamestar and Minnowpelt are dead!'"

The cats in the clearing gasped, and Willowshine asked, "Who will be are leader?"'

The bodies of the beloved deputy and leader was set on the ground and they lined up to send them of the StarClan.

When to was Dawnpaws turn, she said in a hushed voice, "Thanl you for allowing me to join this Clan, without it, I would never find a purpose to life.

As she moved to Minnowpelt's and, "I know you would've been a great leader."

When they went to the apprentince's den that night, they were scared. They had no leader, which ment ShadowClan could and would attack.

Standing in a row next to her kin, Dawnpaw bowed her head to watch Flamestar and Minnowpelt go.

"Wait!", shouted Willowshine, "I need to examine the bodies."

The cats panted letting her through. Silverpaw whispered to Dawnpaw and Mistypaw, "I told her to do this."

Watching Willowshine, she looked in the claws of Flamestar, then Minnowpelt.

"They were found near the ShadowClan border, they have ShadowClan scent on them, and they have white fur in their claws. They were murdered by Lighteye, deputy of ShadowClan.

The cats gasped and reeled with shook. Rippletail snarled malishly.

"We need to attak ShadowClan, they killed our leader," He said.

Dawnpaw watched as many of her fellow Clanmates come up to him, and started divising a plan.

"They can't do this!" Mistypaw said, "We had trouble defeating the attack last time, how will we ever defeat them this time?"

Noboby anserwed her. Willowshine screeched, trying to get their attention when finnaly she yowled, "Stop this right now, are you all kits? Since I am your medicine cat, I am now in charge. Does anyone have anything to say about that?"

The air was so quiet, the only thing you could hear were the rivers.

"Good, Willowshine said "Now I need two border patrols and three hunting patrols. Apprentices, come with me to collect herbs. We need two cats on guard today. Iceleap, Pinewater, can you do that?"

The pair nodded while Willowshine issued more directions. Silcerpaw, Mistypaw, and Dawnpaw went into their den before leaving for the herb-gathering patrol.

"Willowshine can't take over the Clan like this," Dawnpaw whispered, kepping her voice down in case any cat was outside, listening to their conversation! "She's a medicine cat!," Dawnpaw continued.

"Well, it isn't permenent," Mistypaw started.

"How do you know?", Dawnpaw hissed.

"Dawnpaw," said Sivlerpaw, "You know, deep inside, like the cats of StarClan are telling you the Willowshine is not our leader," she said firmly.

Dawnpaws ears and tail dropped, "I guess your right," she murmered, "but I didn't want things to change."

"all things change," Mistypaw said, her eyes full of compassion, "But it's to us to decide to change. Change isn't bad, but we can't run away from our fears."

Silverpaw and Dawnpaw looked at her closly as if examining juicy piece of prey. She merein says things like that, Dawnpaw thought.

Mistypaw saw the pair of them looking at her pecurly, and she said, puzzled, "That's what Curlfeather said!"

"Silverpaw, Mistypaw, Dawnpaw," came Willowshine voice, "Are you ready?"

"Coming!" They shouted. As Dawnpaw leaped away, Silverpaw pulled Mistypaw aside.

"Since Lighteye killed Flamestar and Minnowpelt, I'm even more sure that she's the Light that needs to be defeated, What do you think?"

Mistypaw said, "I think you're right."

They nodded to each other when Dawnpaw screeched from outside. "GUYS! We're now leaving!"

As they headed out, Silverpaw whispered before they got into earshot with Dawnpaw.

"Don't tell Dawnpaw about out conversation, okay?"

Mistypaw nodded while looking at her suspicly. And they dashed off.

--End of The Kits--

Thanks for reading our cringy book! Don't leave yet– I(Fae Silver) literally just found two more notebooks full of more bad and cringy stories, plots, ideas, and more! Plus, there's one more chapter to this book...