Chapter Seventeen

Mistypaw heard the few scraps of moss our of the elders den and said to Mothwing,

"There you go, is it comfey enough."

Mothwing settled down in her moss and stiffened. she hurried out and said briskly, "Theres a thorn!"

Mistypaw went to her nest and pulled out a root.

"It's only a root, Mothwing, relax."

Mothwing settled back down into her nest and mumbled, "Thats the problem with new apprentinces, they leave every scrap of moss in the nest."

Mistypaw ignored her and asked, "Carpelt, is your moss Okay?"

He blinked at her and said slowly and contenly, "It's perfectly fine, Mistypaw."

As she headed out of the elders den, She saw Silverpaw and Dawnpaw crouching down to eat with Bramblepaw. Running over, Dawnpaw asked, "Do you want to eat with us?"

Mistypaw stared at her, "What happened? First Silverpaw goes off with Bramblepaw and you go galavanting to who knows where you went, and guess I get to do without help from Rushpaw, Troutpaw, you, Silverpaw, or Bramblepaw. Clean the elder's den!"

"I'm sorry, Mistypaw," Dawnpaw said, "but we fought a badger."

That comment stopped Mistypaw misplace as she said, "You fought a badger!"

Dawnpaw nodded, "Come, we'll tell you more about it."

Mistypaw chose a juicy carp from the fresh-kill pile and sat down with Bramblepaw, Silverpaw, and Dawnpaw. They were all telling their diffrent versions of the story, when Pinewater came over.

"Apprentinces," she asked, "Have you seen flamestar, he wanted to share prey with me but hes nowhere to be found."

Mistypaw looked around the clearing, but flamestars orange pelt was nowhere to be seen.

"Maybe he forgot," Said Silverpaw, "Go look for him!"

Pine water said to Silverpaw and Mistypaw, "would you like to come?"

They scrambled up and followed Pinewater as she called Tanglebrook and Curlfeather.

Mistypaw walked beside the warriors of the patrol when they came to the ShadowClan border.

A white dos had settled, giving it a errie look. As the patrol padded through the blanket of clouds, Silverpaw durded ahead and shreiked calling the rest of the patrol to her.

Mistypaw ran ahead and stoped. Below her paws was a pool of blood. Silverpaw was still ahead so Mistypaw thought, whatevers coming next must be real bad.

Mistypaw stopped and looked upon the body of Flamestar. As the rest of the patrol came to a stop, Curlfeather padded away and shreiked, "Over here!"

Mistypaw craned with the reck to see over the Warriors. When Icepelt shreiked, "Minnowtail, no!" Then Mistypaw knew that the deputy of RiverClan was dead.