Chapter Ten

Silverpaw raced through the thick bushes and darted past the giant tree-eaters.

She slowed down, having a pain in her side. She was near the thunder path, and heard a whispered voice calling her name.

She whirled around in the direction of his voice and saw Bramblepaw underneath a juniper bush, fur spiked up and eyes full of fear.

"Bramblefang," she said, striding towards him, "Where were you? i looked all over for you! I was so scared. Please, Please Do not do that to me again."

Bramblefang wrapped his cows around a root and pulled, saying, "I saw This," he pointed to a line of ShadowClan cats approaching.

Silverpaw moved closer, balancing on the ground, claws curled and fur bristling.

Silverpaw turned around and said, "Where do you think–,"

Bramblepaw glared at her and she started again.

"Sorry," she whispered, "I ment Where do you think they're going?"

"Listen," Bramblepaw returned back.

They arched their ears forward, straining to hear.

"ShadowClan!," A black tom shouted, "Off to RiverClan!"

The deputy, Lighteye trailed behind, punishing any outsiders.

Silverpaw stepped forward and shifted a pebble, which dislodged and rolled down the hill. Silverpaw squeezed her eyes shut as it clattered on the Thunderpath.

Lighteye glanced up and Silverpaw gulped, "Her one red eye seemed ti unearth them.

After one long glance she hurried to the rest of her Clan.

Silverpaw sped down the hill, saying, "Come On, Bramblepaw, we have to warn our Clanmates!"