Chapter Seven

Mistypaw happily raced through the soaking wet dew and skidded neat the border waiting for the rest or patrol.

"Great StarClan!" Tanglebrooke said as he padded alongside her, "Don't do that! I will lead this patrol."

he puffed out his chest and started marking the border.

Mistypaw had just made an I'm-really-sorry face at Dawnpaw when a scent caught her attention.

"Squrril!" Dawnpaw said, smelling what Mistypaw had smelled. The two apprentices split up, careful not to let any of their mentors see them. Siverpaw crept up in range, seeing the bobbed tail wave wildly.

she wiggled her haunges, almost allready tasting the plump, juicy meat between her jaws.

Tanglebrooke shouted loudly in the distance, some order Mistykit couldn't make out.

The squrril stopped munching on its nut, and turned around suddenly award of the danger. It caught Mistypaw's eye and turned tail to run.

Silverpaw hissed and started forward still trying to catch it, when Dawnpaw leaped from her hiding place.

Turning up leaves, Dawnpaw punched through the clearing, avoiding trees and heading for the border, the ShadowClan border.

Mistykit dashed behind, and opened her mouth to warn Dawpaw she was going to cross the border.

Dawnpaw had smelled the approaching border marks, and skidded to a stop, rising great plumed of dust.

As Mistypaw caught up beside her, she coughed as some got up her nose.

Silverpool skidded through the leaves and stopped beside them

"That was so close," she breathed, relevied.

"What's wrong," seeing they had not answered her.

A tail flicked against her pelt, making her head turn across the border to stare.

The trees were dead, chopped up, so their piney scents wafted to the RiverClan border.

"Its-its like " Mistytail stammered, unable ti finish as they heard a loud roar from a monster.

Curl feather finished appearing behind Silverpool.

"It's like their territory died," she finished.