Chapter Fifteen

Mistypaw was at the back of the patrol, next to Flamestar, Mistypaw was really nervous and tried to be a perfect apprentince.

They came to the river and sat down, keeping their shadows off of the water!

Mistypaw looked at the rippling water and saw sleep silver shapes under the sheet of water. Mistypaw raised her paws up and looked with her sharp, keen eyes for a fish.

BAM! her paw slapped down on the water and scooped up the fish into the air. It landed on bank and wiggled there for a moment before Mistypaw killed it cleanly.

She looked up and Curlfeather said, "Great job, Mistypaw! do it agin."

Flamestar said, "Curlfeather, excuse me. i am going to make dirt."

Curlfeather replied, "Sure." Mistypaw, feeling Flamestar was not telling the truth, asked to go too. Curlfeather agreed.

When she and Flamestar reached a strech of bushes, he went in there. Mistypaw padded across, flinching overtime she stepped on a leaf and it crackled. When Mistypaw made it across, she carefully poked her head into the pushes and saw Flamestar sitting in the clearing, looking up into the sky. Suddenly, lightning flashed and rain fell from the sky. Mistypaws pelt was plastered to her sides in seconds.

She kept her gaze on Flamestar, then a flash of light came form the clearing.

A star-covered cat walked into the clearing and sat infront of Flamestar.

Mistypaw drew in a breath and thought, its a StarClan cat!

Flamestar stood up and nuzzled the cat as if they were old friends.

"Reedstar! Is there something wrong? It's been such a long time."

Reedstar blinked and his gaze remained serious. "These are hard times, and a profecy has been made."

Mistypaw's jaw dropped and she leaned her ears forward.

"The light of ShadowClan must be uprooted," Redstart said his voice deepening with every word. "or a stalk of ivy will drown the forest in fire and water. But there will be three, bound by loyalty and love, who will defeat the light, and bring peace back to the forest."

Reedstar then disapeared in a flash of blinding light. At that moment, the rain stopped to except that Mistypaw hardly noticed. she was too busy blundering through the Reeds and banged into Dawnpaw.

"Mistypaw!," Dawnpaw snarled, "you made me miss my prey! Stop clashing around and hunt like Curlfeather told us to!"

Mistypaw ducked her head and looked at her toes, wishing Dawnpaw would listen for once.

"Dawnpaw, I didn't mean to and I'm really sorry," Mistypaw ment every word and felt like this was a stupid conversation.

Dawnpaw's eyes flashed with anger. "Sorry, doesn't catch any prey!"

Silverpaw lept over a log and sighed, "Dawnpaw, your making so much noise that all the prey form here to ShadowClan has been scared off. And why are you two fighting?"

Dawnpaw started pouting., "Mistypaw made me lose my prey."

Silverpaw looked at Mistypaw and Mistypaw stared at a beetle, her paws burning up.

"You need to relax, Dawnpaw." Silverpaw said, "Flamestar is watching.

The mentioning of Flamestar made her think of Reedstar's profecy. Mistypaw looked at the two of them arguing and said, "Guys." She said louder, "GUYS!"

They didn't hear her or else they were tuning her out.

Fed up with waiting, Mistypaw jumped on the two of them and rolled them over.

Yelling in their faces, she said, "guys! I NEED to talk to you like, right now!"

Silverpaw and Dawnpaw stood, shaking moss from their pelt.

"Okay, okay, we heard you the first time, for StarClan's sake."

Mistypaw looked at her pointedly, Dawnpaw was such a fish brain sometimes.

"Come with me." She said, and led Silverpaw and Dawnpaw to a bush which they sheltered beneath.

"Why do you want to talk to us?" Silverpaw asked.

Mistypaw took a few deep breaths and said, "When I went to the dirt place with Flamestar."

"Oh! you didn't know I was hunting! I'm sorry." Dawnpaw said.

"It's perfectly fine." Mistypaw said, "And as I was saying, neither of us actully made dirt. I thought he was lying so I followed him into a clearing surrounded by bushes. There a StarClan cat named Reedstar told him of a profecy.

SIlverpaws and Dawnpaws eye got wider and Silverpaws jaws fell open.

"What was the profecy about?" Silverpaw whispered breathlessly.

Mistypaw grinned, enjoying the susperise, "He told of three cats, bound by loyalty and love would defeat the light of ShadowClan and a stalk of Ivy."

Dawnpaw's eyes lit up, "Do we get powers?"

Mistypaw shook her head as she thought, Of corse Dawnpaw would think of powers.

Mistypaw turned to Silverpaw, who was staring at a tree, thinking tirelessly.

"Do you think," she began, "Do you think."

"Do we think what?" Dawnpaw asked.

Silverpaw turned towards Dawnpaw and Mistypaw. Her eyes intent on them like a juicy piece of prey.

"Do you think the Light of ShadowClan the profecy talks about is Lighteye? I mean, shes evil enough."

They all looked at each other relizing they couldn't answer the question.