1/100 - beauty

i know i know i shouldnt be starting another book when i havent finished my other one.

aRGH that one can wait ;m; i just have too many ideas.

001

The first time you met Sabaku no Gaara, you were only five years old.

He was alone, fists scrunching his eyes in his own way of wiping away tears. The only thing that accompanied him was his treasured teddy bear that almost looked tired from being held too much or too tightly, with fur that looked dull from age , and with grains of sand locked within the strands of fluff like fleas.

Your young mind couldn't fathom the idea that someone who was around the same age as you was labelled as a monster. Could five year olds be even capable of being a monster? A child who still needed the guidance and care of a parent, who still needed to learn the common sense laws of the world...a monster?

You couldn't believe it.  So it was up to you yourself to prove so.

"Hi! I'm [Name]. Do you want to play?"

Gaara couldn't believe his ears. Had his mind also decide to turn against him and play tricks on him? Or was your greeting the truth?

He said nothing, instead just stared whilst tightly holding onto his beloved stuffed animal. You could only looked at that little bear and the way the softness curved at the tightness of his pudgy fingers that held it's paw.

"I didn't bring my teddy bear...I hope that's okay." You tilted your head, walking closer to the red-headed child. "But we can still play hide and seek! You and your teddy friend will hide, and I'll seek!"

The rays of light that was your enthusiasm almost made Gaars cry of joy. Perhaps maybe this really was real, you were good in a walking form and he desperately wanted to cling on to it. He still remained silent, lips trembling as if he wished to spoke. The only way that told you he was okay with playing with you was his simple single nod of a head.

Once you counted to ten, he was gone. A part of you hoped that he didn't run away from you. But with all kindness in the world, he didn't dash off without an explanation. Gaara hid behind a shrub in a crouching form, keeping his bear hidden as well.

You found him with a "Boo!" and he flinched back slightly. Gaara brought his hand up to his red locks, scratching the side of his head. This feeling he felt was so alien to him, but it felt good.

When you shot him a smile followed by laughter, telling him that it was now his turn to look for you, he stared at your face in awe before brushing off dirt and standing up.

At first, Gaara opposed the idea in his mind but didn't want to lose you as fast as he found you, so he tried looking for you. Thankfully for him,  you weren't such a good hider, not as good as him is what he liked to think.

The day ended with a smile and a call for your name from your parents, it was time for you to go. Unbeknownst to you, Gaara was saddened to see that you had to go. Fun could only last for so long.

"Well, I guess I have to go...um...uh-"

"Gaara."

"Oh?" Your eyes lit up at his voice. "Well I guess I have to go now, Gaara! We can play tomorrow!"

With that, he watched as your small figure shrunk farther into the distance. He was alone again. Although, he anticipated for the following day for perhaps even more fun was to be brought upon him with your radiant presence.

"Goodbye, [Name]."

As you left, Gaara was left alone to ponder about his newly found friend. Were you what the villagers called beautiful? Because aside from his disliking towards how they treated him, he decided that maybe this could be the one thing he can agree upon with them.