5/100 - memory

some of yall already dmed me complaining about short chapters. pls understand that this is a 100 drabbles challenge okay and that drabbles are supposed to be short.

*hands out gaara pillows* smh ;n;

005

It was clear that Sabaku no Gaara and you were inseparable, being Gaara's first and only friend was the cause behind it all. Although, the days spent with him grew lesser and lesser as the year progressed and Gaara was pushed to focus more on the academy. At the moment, it had been almost a week since you last seen Gaara, you were afraid that it'd would've been longer if he didn't show up at the park where you sat on the swings, looking more lonesome than ever.

"Gaara!" You pounced off from the seat and smiled, "I was starting to worry."

He tilted his head, "Worry?"

"Mhm! I was scared that you weren't going to play with me anymore."

When Gaara took the words and processed it in his mind, he realized that it was something he would never forget. Here you were, someone who was genuinely glad that he existed. This was the first time you ever showed any sort of worry for him, some sort of care. And this moment was something to be etched in his memory forever.

Although unbeknownst to Gaara, he would result in completely dismissing all those thoughts his child self so hoped that he would never forget. Because when Shukaku was taking over his body, you were only seen as an annoying pest that was in his way.