11/100 - moonlight

i wanted to switch the word moonlight for a different word but idk what word LOLSLNAKA ANYWAYS i said i was gonna update everyday but i had no wifi for like a week 😤 and i still dont so my ass is at starbucks using free wifi LMFAO

011

"Gaara look." 

Your finger went up to point at the night sky, an enthralling piece of scenery that you were most ecstatic to witness with your most favourite person in the world. And though it wasn't something that you'd admit to anyone, even to yourself, the fact made itself known in it's own way.

Gaara averted his eyes from your awestruck expression and stared with you at the moon. A part of him wondered what made you so interested in the night sky, but then again, looking at the moon he could even see the beauty that you saw.

"Are you looking?" Your voice was enough to make him look at you again, his really didn't want to put his attention on the moon, something that he can just see another night, and the night after. He'd much rather look at you.

There was a short silence that ensued when his eyes stared into yours, and while he was unaware how this made your thirteen year old self feel, you turned as crimson as his hair. Gaara had never been this close to you for a long time, and it wasn't something that you can get used to in a blink of an eye.

You didn't want to, but when the proximity between your's and Gaara's face became too disconcerting for you and thus you scooted away from him, just enough for him to see it as unnoticed. Gaara blinked owlishly at you with an oblivious aura in regards to your emotions at the moment. He could only gape at your still face when you looked back at the moon to avoid looking at him again, as if doing so could diminish the dash of pink painted on your cheeks. 

There were always moments when you would compliment Gaara's eyes, back as kids when they held innocence and months ago when they were clouded with darkness. Although this time, as he took note of the moonlight accentuating the natural gleam of your eyes, he complimented you.

"[Name]..." 

Without wasting a glance on him, you simply hummed for your acknowledgment. "Hm?"

It wasn't as soft and sweet as how anyone would expect it to be, but alas, his words were still enough to make the imaginary crystal butterflies flutter in your stomach, going as crazy as the rhythm of your heartbeat. 

"I'd rather much look at your eyes."