7/100 - celebration

its a good thing im having a naruto rewatch marathon bc otherwise i would have gotten everything wrong LOLOLOLD

id like to thank my 10 readers for reading AHAHHA *gives you gaara hugs*

also, it was really fun writing this omg. even i think it's cute.

007

It had been a long while since the event at the chunin exams. Since then, Gaara had been participating in the slow process of healing the wounds he had caused. Wounds that belonged to the people he caused pain, and the ones that were etched in his heart. Thankfully, you were there to speed up the process, or rather that's what you would like to think to yourself. 

It was a surprise to hear an apology from Gaara, and for him it was a surprise to hear you say that what happened to you didn't matter. No matter what pain he was causing you, you still stood by his side. You were still you, and you treated him the same way you treated his childhood self.

Even now, you still attempt to involve him in your usual shenanigans.

"Gaara, it's my dog's birthday today."

"..."

Gaara thought that maybe if he were still the same kid you met when you were five, he'd probably say happy birthday. But he wasn't. He was far from that. Already, Gaara could anticipate the day you were to leave him because of this. It was a day he thought was inevitable, something that he thought his stone heart could probably handle. 

"Let's go celebrate!" Gaara felt your warm hand grab his, it was all too sudden, he didn't even have time to react. You were in the midst of your self-excitement, something that his power couldn't overtake. Even if he wanted to, he couldn't do that to you.

He gave you a sidelong glance as you dragged his feet in the streets of sand, "We are not going to Konoha."

"Don't you dare say it Gaa-"

"Kakashi-san's dog isn't yours."