6/100 - fragile

i made this harder for myself bc im trying to make this follow the story line while acknowledging that the reader will be in it too. AHHH that's okay tho, because it will be fun.

this one was shittier than i expected LOL but it's not that short so i guess thats good kind of??

006

Gaara's heart was fragile, and out of all people you knew that more than anyone, perhaps even more so than his own father.

You were beyond aware that before you had appeared in Gaara's life, he was miserable. And not only was Gaara more than thankful that you came along, but so were you. There was joy that came along when you see your influence upon Gaara.

Sometimes you would find yourself putting himself before you, which was a decision you hadn't realized could have been a mistake. This being because it would almost always result in you getting hurt. Still, despite all those times Gaara had controlled the sand to injure you (some of the time, unintentionally), he would still have you by his side.

Gaara had not realized it, but after six years of staying with him, even with his change of heart, it had resulted in you becoming fragile as well. The wounds had made cracks in your well being, like porcelain cutlery that if were to drop, would shatter.

What surprised you the most was that when Naruto was sacrificing his strength to stop Gaara subsequent to the chunin exams, even he had noticed your fragility and how Gaara seemed to have played a role in it. Perhaps you've spoken to him a few times while you had your stay in Konoha for the exams, but that was it, how could have he known?

Gaara's frail body, as it achingly laid on the rough ground, tried its best to shift to make its way to you. You who sat against a tree with hands clutched upon your stomach, trying desperately to stop the bleeding Gaara had caused. Though your vision began to blur with each passing second, all that was left was your hearing.

"[Name]..." Gaara had finally spoken your name after what seemed like a long time, the taste was almost foreign in his mouth.

All of that was gone once he saw Naruto's weakened figure scooting towards him, and Gaara's eyes widened in fear, "No..STAY AWAY!"

"It's almost unbearable is it...? The feeling of being all alone."  Naruto mutters, venom dripping in his voice as he began talking about his friends, and how he would stop Gaara to save them. Even if it meant killing him.

"But why... Why would you do this for anyone but yourself?" Gaara says as he watched Naruto inch a little closer to him. His teal eyes spotted Naruto's blue ones glancing at your figure, breathing heavily whilst you attempted to take in mouthfuls of sweet needed air.

"Because they saved me, they rescued me from my loneliness..Like [Name] was doing for you. All she ever did was care for you, and you throw her away like...like garbage!" Naruto's voice wasn't as boisterous as it always was, but this time, there was a hint of underlying passion. Passion to teach Gaara the truth of his own strength, which was by the help of Sakura and Sasuke, his friends. Naruto had explained that they were the reason his strength had come to him.

This boy--you came to find out--had a talent for knocking some sense into people. If this were to go well, thanking Naruto would need to be added to your to-do list.

Soon enough, Sasuke had arrived and so did Temari and Kankuro after a short while, breaking the silence that had ensued after Naruto's speech.

"That's enough..." Gaara whispers, eyes fixated on the sky above him, "It's over."

Kankuro looked back at his brother's weakened voice, "But Gaara--"

He had never thought he'd see Gaara in this state, not in a million years.

And so, as Kankuro propped Gaara's weight onto his shoulder, Gaara managed to use what was left of his energy to glance at you. "Take [Name] as well."